MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive jus bought a zr 105, and desperatly wana start moddin it as soon as it arrives, so whats a decent sounding backbox for it?i cant afford a full system and i dont think the insurance would be keen on it either, so will a back box make a difference?or am i buggered?oh, and another thing...do the zr's have the same stud pattern as a honda civic?cos i ordered a set of 18" chromes for my civic from the states, n i heard that the civics share a similar stud pattern to the rover 200-same car, different flavour!but is it true or will i have to get rid?please say they do!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i got told that a civic is 4/100 et 38 aswell. beltin, made my day!! :mrgreen: any opinion on the back box?or are they all pretty much the same?[/quote]

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
goes on personal preference mate and which tail pipe you want, xpower, powerflow, blueflame the list is endless but best gettin full system and ur insurance will class the backbox and full system together so wont hit the wallet in that respect

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anything really, im not one to stick a 8" universal tailpipe on the back of a 1.4 cos i kno itl look shite, but its more the sound im after-jus so you hear me before you see me!!so is there no difference in the insurance between geetin a full system and a backbox then?or have i read that wrong?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
yeah my insurance class the backbox in the same category as full system and manifold, declare the backbox and the rest is declared too!

on the noise front gotta be powerflow, get to choose how it sounds then :up:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts