MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking about pur chase ing a whole new boot install
any decent places preferably cheap! :grin: on the net to get me some gear?

·
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dont really have a budget at the mo, but i would like 2 subs, run off one amp and i dot know if you can get stealth box's? or a custum install sone

·
Registered
49 Posts
got my vibe subs from ebay from a seller called no1bassmonkey - got 2 10" subs (VIBE PT100's) for £60 delivered.

I've also got a pair of VIBE SR69's on the parcel shelf which cost me £35, and an MTX Thunder Amp 4 channel which I picked up half price but brand new at £100.

The headunit is my only let down. But that's being replaced with a home build entertainment system which I'm just finishing putting together - I've got a SoundBlaster Audiogy card which appartently has a noise to sound ratio of 100dB - about 4 times that of my head unit!!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
he's still about on there so take a look. He has the new VIBE subs - you just need to get the enclosures. I'm working on a boot build myself - going to take the "no-space" saver wheel out, pin down some 20mm MDF, and then covert the boot into one large bass box. Will probably replace the two 10" subs I have with 2 15" instead.....

....Now all I need is some decent fronts....!

·
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i dont have ebay! bollox! i tried setting up an accouint but i dont think it worked!
if you sell your 10s let me know ill take em off ya

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
If you do go a stealthboxz then as express said, be careful, also they are different volumes. If you go for just one, then go for the offside fitting, it has a greater volume compared to the other side as it dosent have the fuel filler pipe encroaching into that space.

I have a 10" JBL 1000w rated sub that I bought for my stealthboxz and it didnt fit (I have the nearside box with the smaller volume). I ended up making an MDF spacer ring for it, but in the end I went back to my Kenwood 500W sub as the sound was better. I think the problem was that the amp and sub were not balanced as the amp was a bridged Phoenix Gold 180 and wasnt really powerful enough to drive the JBL to its full potential.

The JBL is less than a month old and was only fitted for a couple of days. I am gonna stick it on ebay unless anyone here is interested?

·
1,626 Posts
Hey I have the large volume passanger side stealthbox and i might be putting it up for sale cause I am going to sell my car standard (More buyers i think)

In fact I might be selling my entire build (Without the speakers and amps though!!)

However for a couple of subs running off of one amp so long as the amp is 2 ohm stable you can runn them in parallel nd give each one a mighty whack from your amp!

·
R6 Owner
585 Posts
muz said:
However for a couple of subs running off of one amp so long as the amp is 2 ohm stable you can runn them in parallel nd give each one a mighty whack from your amp!
True Story :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts