MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
A quote from steve b on another thread sums it up well........

Steve B said:
Yep there will be less suspension flex, as it stops the turrets from flexing ubder hard cornering. You are unlikely to see a massive improvements especially on the roads though. The steering should just feel a little more positive and direct under hard cornering.

Steve
The main reason I want one is for the look when I pop the bonnet!! :up:

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Rob

It doesn't matter if they are not welded, the loading they take means that they work buy stopping the turrets moving. The load on them is not horrendous, and as such there is no need for them to be welded, it is a longitudal loading, so as long as the bar can't bend it will do the job.

The E-Tech strut brace works just as well as an OMP or Sparco one, in fact the Sparco one is welded so why is that one no good.

Your car will not undertake the loads of a race car no matter what you do to it, it is a road car designed for the road. The strut brace will just give a sharper turn in with less unprectiablity with very hard cornering. Race cars generally have welded cross beams as part of a roll cage, and unless you are going to take out the engine to weld one across the turrets, you will have to have one that bolts to the turrets.

Steve

·
2,585 Posts
there are probably different versions, universal and one made for the MG ZR , i wouldnt argue with steve because he would know a lot about this stuff

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Rob in what way do you mean welded, the omp and the sparco are very similar designed, the bar is welded to the turret mounting bracket.

Both are them bolted to the turret.

Steve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts