MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quit smoking 4 days ago now and finding it bl**dy hard work. anyone else on here given up? and have you any tips to ease the transition?:cry:

·
Banned
14,064 Posts
nope im still a smoker, tried to quit and couldnt. to much stress at the moment but keep up with it it gets easier as time goes by

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
just watch a few videos of 5 year old kids loosing their mummy and daddy to lung cancer because they smoked... that should keep you off them

·
IN for Mod hate!
25,170 Posts
So you just stopped, rather than do it gradually..

Well of course its gonna be hard, your body is crashing in a sense, you nicotine levels will plumet below what your used to and, you'll feel cranky, you'll gain weight as you'll eat more..

You really should do it gradually, get patches(ok there a bit **** but help a little)

Cant just go cold turkey

·
Premium Member
15,237 Posts
Cant just go cold turkey
That's exactly what my parents both did, from chain smokers to not straight away.

Its all about will power at the end of the day IMO. If you really want to stop you will. Admittedly with my dad it took a stroke to make him see that it was a stupid idea but he stopped cold turkey in the end.

If you keep saying "well i'll just have another one" then you'll never truly quit.

·
IN for Mod hate!
25,170 Posts
That's exactly what my parents both did, from chain smokers to not straight away.

Its all about will power at the end of the day IMO. If you really want to stop you will. Admittedly with my dad it took a stroke to make him see that it was a stupid idea but he stopped cold turkey in the end.

If you keep saying "well i'll just have another one" then you'll never truly quit.
easier for some than others to do that

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
You've got to be an absolute b*stard to put yourself through the pain of quitting, and you are going to be so f*cking tempted to go back to smoking, but whatever happens you dont pussy out, dont make any lame ass excuses or reasons to give up on quitting - doesnt matter what the f*ck happens or how hard things get you sit it out and do not touch another f*cking ***!!

Good luck, stay strong and dont give up bro.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
i gave up cigarettes in July last year.
had been smoking pretty heavily since 14.
managed to give up a couple of times for 2/3 months.

but yeah, i've not touched a ciggy for a year now.
haven't smoked weed in a couple of years either.
did have a couple of pulls on a spliff the other week, but don't enjoy it anymore.
used to cain it way too much (14-21) and got a bit *looks around* paranoid.
think that may have had something to do with the silly amount of class A's though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I smoke, only rollies, so i dont smoke to much a day, but still I would like to say I will have quit by the age of 25, so ive got a couple of years to go, at the moment I just dont see it as being a realistic aim because i still drink quite a bit and I find it hard to not smoke if im drinking and that is the only thing stopping me from not smoking atm.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeh I aim to basically do a Daz ... =D

as he seems to relatively similar things to myself, although not proud of it, i enjoy myself so big deal.

·
Alergic to the apex
5,308 Posts
I quit on new years day. Just went head first in with the cold turkey method. I decided it was a complete waste of money and life. I haven't touched one all year :)

Good luck and stay strong!

·
Banned
12,009 Posts
i quit last year and it was the best decision i ever made, im only young still and it was making me very unfit and out of breath all the time, so i got up one morning gave the rest of my cig's and lighters to my sisters fella and quit, i didnt want to go on the patches or anything like that i just has will power.

for the first 2 months it was a pain in the back side with the cravings, so i found i was having lolly pops or chewing gum just so i had something in my mouth to take my mind off wanting a ***, being round my friends who smoked didnt bother me at the time but now it does, it gets on my chest now and on the night im coughing, passive smoking for you lol.

i have started exercising alot which has helped me out loads to clear my lungs, i know it will take some time for them to be clear but at least ive started. and all i can advise is just keep strong and dont give into your cravings.. :D

if i can do it, anybody can!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for all the replies, honestly i spent 6 years in the army one tour of bosnia and n.ireland and can put my hand on my heart and say this is the bl**dy hardest thing ive had to do in my life. what prompted me to stop was my 5 year old daughter saying "please stop smoking i dont want you to die" now if thats not a reason to stop then i dont know what is????

·
Banned
12,009 Posts
exactly, im sure you wanna be able to see your daughter growing up?

mine was basically due to health, i was having chest problems at first they said my asthma is coming back so they gave me inhalers which didnt work, then i put it downt to smoking and gave up :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts