MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
LU HG
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've noticed I've got a nice stone chip/dint in my driver's door. Its quite bad and has broken the paint.

Where should I go to get this sorted, or should i just use a touch up pen and live with it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
nasty i had a stone dent on my old clio cost £160 to fix which was cheap for 4 hours labour. had to strip bonnet fill the dent then respray nightmare for a tiny dent.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Had the same thing on my front bumper, MG wanted £600 for a respray :blink2: Chips Away came out to my house and did it for £170 which took about 4 - 5 hours, now it is as good as new and save me a fortune! Look them up in the yellow pages they will give you a free quotation.

·
2,039 Posts
Had the same thing on my front bumper, MG wanted £600 for a respray :blink2: Chips Away came out to my house and did it for £170 which took about 4 - 5 hours, now it is as good as new and save me a fortune! Look them up in the yellow pages they will give you a free quotation.
Have to agree with Neil............Chips Away came out, did a few stone chips and a kerbed alloy.......cost £110 and 3 hours work but looks fantastic..........gotta use them again for another alloy tho :wallb: :wallb:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Be grateful if you can let us know how much it costs for the alloy wheel doing - I have 2 that are in need of some TLC

G

·
Chips Away wouldnt do mine, took one look at my alloys and said nothing could be done. Same with wheel magician. I have got Wolfrace Urban Racers on, but I have found a local firm who have done a superb job on mine. £45 a rim and it is impossible to tell they have been repaired. They also do the wheels that kwickFitt mangle through imcompetance and also all the wheels for the huge BMW dealership nearby. They also do body repaiers, internal repairs......all sorts of stuff so anyone in the Oxfordshire area that want a good comapny, then give me a call (I'd post thier flyer but I dont know what the regs are here on advertising, even though it is a recommendation)

·
2,039 Posts
Light Sabre said:
Chips Away wouldnt do mine, took one look at my alloys and said nothing could be done. Same with wheel magician. I have got Wolfrace Urban Racers on, but I have found a local firm who have done a superb job on mine. £45 a rim and it is impossible to tell they have been repaired. They also do the wheels that kwickFitt mangle through imcompetance and also all the wheels for the huge BMW dealership nearby. They also do body repaiers, internal repairs......all sorts of stuff so anyone in the Oxfordshire area that want a good comapny, then give me a call (I'd post thier flyer but I dont know what the regs are here on advertising, even though it is a recommendation)

The same wheels as me.........Chips Away, no problem and as good as new.

·
Registered
242 Posts
If its just a slight dent try a dent puller, the suction type, I think that Draper and others do em. Used one on my bonnet after a stick fell off a tree onto it. The puller cost a few quid which is better than £150.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts