MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi again
im the guy who recently bought the mark 2 zed.I got the kenwood cd unit its kdc-4027.Basically i think its big smelly pants to put it bluntly,the problem is the cds seem to skip alot.I know its not the bumps cos it does it skips in the same places and the cds play absolutely fine in other cd players and never skipped!!!.Can any of you ice gurus recommend me a cd head unit thats not to expensive and handles the cds without skipping (unless obviously heavily scratched) only its beginning to annoy me.
many thanks i apreciate your input

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
PM Muz, he's the ICE King, he'll steer u right :mrsmiley:

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
pretty much any o the base models by alpine pioneer an even kenwood cos i think the ones the sell to manufactureers are just pish but i would reccommend goin somewhere like halfords just to listen to em before buying then buy somewhere else

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Halfords can be expensive tho...go to halfords, listen to them, find the one you like...then shop around...

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
oh wait...thats what maxfly said...stupid Jib...pay more attention! ](*,)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
id just be happy with a decent headunit that doesnt skip like mad i thought being a kenwood itd be ok but then again its from my mg dealer so they give you bog standard i suppose.Like i say no other cd players have any probs playing my cds yet when i play them in my car totally diff story.

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
I wana new head unit for xmas!!! And some amps and a sub!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh yeah forgot to mention seeing as its brand new car will it void my warranty replacing head unit? just wanted to double check

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a poineer dolphin headunit laying around! good headunit, lower cost. if you interested let me know and I will arrange pictures.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
we;; if ye get a new headunit an it jumps jst send it back under the gaurantee you would get, by whichever headunit sounds best an is in your budget, i could say get the same as me but you might prefer the sound from another one so best hunting about yoursel, different folk wi different ears!!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Jib 21 said:
Halfords can be expensive tho...go to halfords, listen to them, find the one you like...then shop around...
aye halfords is a only a tad expensive :-^ :^o altho i picked up a bargain in my local one when they did a half price sale \:D/

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hi again
im not sure what to do ive had my car and kenwood a mth,do i ring my dealer
and swap it with another one or buy another head unit,and are the kenwood 4027s all pants and skip alot?
im not sure what to do

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Id get a totally new head unit, model and everything and consider it your first mod :mrsmiley:

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
Deffinately change the shite...i sold mine on Ebay for £53...cant be bad!

Kept my Pioneer CD changer from my old ZR and bought a new Pioneer HU...

Got it for £225 (RRP £350...well thats how much Autosounds and Halfords wanted!!!) :mrsmiley:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok so it sounds like its just basic shite that fobbed me off with.Just as long as its something decent that will play cds that havent been in labroratory conditions ill be happy!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts