MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know it’s dead in here now, but I thought I’d post up the ZR. I’m sure not everyone is on Facebook.

Some pics of my 17 year old owned from new ZR 120+ it’s just had a full set of new Avon tyres, new brake fluid, fresh oil and coolant and a quick clean for a bit of summer use. Now taxed and on a full MOT, I drove 90 miles of country roads last weekend in the sunshine.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Window
Car Vehicle Gear shift Steering part Motor vehicle
Hood Car Green Vehicle Motor vehicle
Car Vehicle Gear shift Steering wheel Automotive design
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Head restraint
Brown Car Grey Automotive design Fixture

·
Registered
ZR 105 (IAB) ZR+120 (HQM)
1,369 Posts
Long time, no see - pleased that you and the ZR are still together. It has to be pretty much the best looked after ZR still around. I still miss my Le Mans Green 120.

Yours still looks like new!! :)

Wish my current 120 did - it wasn't anywhere near perfect when I got it at 6 years and 40k miles, but being in pretty much daily use and nearly 9 years and 66k miles further on, it is getting a little 'tired', and I just don't seem to have enough time (or motivation!) to try an sort it out :(

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Long time, no see - pleased that you and the ZR are still together. It has to be pretty much the best looked after ZR still around. I still miss my Le Mans Green 120.

Yours still looks like new!! :)

Wish my current 120 did - it wasn't anywhere near perfect when I got it at 6 years and 40k miles, but being in pretty much daily use and nearly 9 years and 66k miles further on, it is getting a little 'tired', and I just don't seem to have enough time (or motivation!) to try an sort it out :(
It‘s hard going. The main reason mine is still as good as it is, is purely down to not being a daily driver.

it’s been pampered, but not driving it in the winter or even the rain makes my job a lot easier. The silver Rover 25 I had for 4 years is still going, but I sold it a year ago as it’s condition was just on a constant decline no matter how much I was trying to keep it similar to the ZR. I replaced the wings, but the rear arches started and the sills, fuel tank, all components underneath etc. I just wasn‘t happy with it anymore so I sold it on 39000 miles.

I bought a ZT-T 1.8 Turbo in trophy blue to replace the 25 as a daily. The ZTs are far better for body corrosion compared to the ZR/25 IMO. The problem with the ZT was I had nothing but constant niggles with it. After renewing the turbo the HG went only a year after the previous owner had it fixed. It suffered plenty other issues in the time I had it, so that has been sold to the MG-Rover mobile mechanics as a project. It was too good to break, but not good enough to sell. I just couldn’t depend on it as a daily car, that’s the problem - as much as I love MGs and Rovers they are just so old they need a lot of care if used all year round in all conditions If you want to keep them above banger level.

My ZR is on a little over 66000 miles now. It’s covered very little last couple of years, but I’m hoping to do a few more miles this summer. The daily driver is now a Focus 2017 Titanium X estate with 182 BHP. In all honesty I’m pleased I’ve finally taken the plunge and went for a more modern daily car, it’s a lot easier to keep on top of.

You've had your green 120 a long time from what I remember, it’s good you still have it and use it daily. I feel your frustration trying to keep on top of things. I shudder that the youngest of these cars are now 16 years old.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts