MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are stealthboxz worth the money??i wana still be able to use the boot cos i need it when i go karting to dump all my kit in the there so i was looking on auto acoustics website and they seem perfect, but £150 a pop for either side,and 100 for the shelf...are they worth it?or does anyone do anything similar but cheaper??

·
892 Posts
Talk to Led Man, he'll be able to do something cheaper for ya

G

·
I have got an Autoacoustics stealthboxz in mine and although they are expensive they are extremely high quality. From personal experience I cannot recommend Led Man as I have had numerous promises broken and countless emails ignored by him over a period of months. Maybe that was just me being unlucky but I do know of several other people that have had issues just as there are some people that swear by him (instead of about him like me). Give him his due though, he did make me one of the LED boot installs that I still use today despite having to have made various running repairs and modifications that hopefully have now been ironed out in subsequent and current builds.

Anyway, getting off topic there. If you do decide to go for the Autoacoustics way then I recommend that you go for the offside version as opposed to the nearside version. Why? The nearside version has a smaller internal volume and can only accept a smaller depth sub due to the pipework for the fuel filler encroaching into that area. Check your boot and you will see what I am on about.

I didnt notice that when I got mine and so have got that problem. That said, I am VERY pleased with mine and think that it was well worth the money. I even called in at the factory where they are made and was impressed at the attention to detail and the quality. You will notice this if and when you get one as they are V heavy. This has the added benefit of suppressing any rattles and acts as a good acoustic baffle.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Same here I've got two now and can't fault them at all. Combined with a false floor for my amp they look amazing! The attention to detail and quality is second to none.
Theres often someone selling one on here so keep your eye out for them.. might save a few pennies.
As for the stealth shelf I have no experience with these as I don't particularly recommend 6x9's if you have subs but that's my personal opinion.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was thinking of getting the offside version for the sub and on the nearside getting an ampboxz as then all the cables and everyhting else are tidy away leaving most of the boot, i think it will be this route, not that i dont trust LED man, i dont know him to make an opinion, its just id rather get something with a bit of an history, if that makes sense?!its just i was unsure of whether they were of a good enough quality to justify £150 or whether they'd be flimsy overpriced things!!but obviously they are.cheers anyway!

·
892 Posts
Considering LED man did my whole boot install including Rockford Fossgate Sub, custom box, new floor, and amp mounting, all lit with LEDS.....also my front and rear footwells LED illuminated, and all my heater vents illuminated...for slightly more than the cost of ONE stealthbox....it makes them look rather expensive!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
to add to Mark's comments above...although I did my current install myself I will be contacting led_man soon for a full install, got a shitload of money coming so I'm gonna go all out! fibreglass and all. and I've recently ordered all my led's from him, I've had no experience from him whatsoever but so far so good, wasn't trying to steer you away from him.. Might be worth dropping him a pm or phone call. You can only ask but be quick because he finishes for xmas on the 20th I think

check www.ultrabright.co.uk you can see the quality of his work there.

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Bech100 said:
Considering LED man did my whole boot install including Rockford Fossgate Sub, custom box, new floor, and amp mounting, all lit with LEDS.....also my front and rear footwells LED illuminated, and all my heater vents illuminated...for slightly more than the cost of ONE stealthbox....it makes them look rather expensive!!
All of which I will be having a very good look on sunday Mr Beech :up: :up:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well it wouldnt be a balls out mentalist system i would be after neway,stealths the way forward...well for me anyway!!ill defo contact him as money's a bit of an issue, hence why im not to fussy to have it done straight away either!one more thing, what sorta ice is decent..ive already had a kenwood sub with an american pro amp, n it was loud but a bit flappy n well shite really, what sort of stuff is reasonable?

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Myu advice would be go to your local auto shop (ie halfrauds) and have a listen to some different types of music through different sdizes and makes of speaker and get what you think sounds good.

Anybody can tell you what they think's is good but, we dont all walk round in wooly coats...

G

·
I have previously made my feelings felt about Led Man, Ryan and I am not going to harp on about it here off topic. If anyone wants any further info then PM me as this is certainly a sensitive subject and can easily get out of hand.

If money is not an issue and you want quality and effect then have a quick trip over to either litewave.co.uk or iceled and see the set ups they have there. Not cheap but then again quality rarely is. A 2 million+ colour display that is fully integrated and computer controlled that can also be programmed. Have won countless awards and regulary gets the highest accolades from various magazines. There is not another system on the market that can offer the staggering and amazing effects possible with the UFO system they make (and dont be taken in by the cheap Chinese products you see on ebay that are claiming otherwise. They have even ripped off pictures from IceLed to try and pretend otherwise)

I am in no way affiliated with them and my only interest is that I have some of thier stuff installed and so have first hand experience. For instance, when I couldnt make my mind up weather to use Floods or Spots for the rear seats, they sent me both to trial free of charge. All I needed to do was to return the items I didnt need and they then invoiced me for the ones I kept. The GEM I bought years ago was a pre-production item and the latest items had the data cables for integration that mine didnt. When I mentioned this they sent me a replacment free of charge even though mine was well out of gurantee.

I am just pleased the Led Man was so reticent in his dealings with me otherwise I would not have been forced to look elsewhere and would never have discovered Iceled.

It all comes down to personal choice and priorities so I just suggest that you take all the recommendations on board and make your own decisions. The chepest option of all of course is to build your own. Mr C and Matt have both done exactly that and excellent installs they are too from what I have seen, all at a fraction of that charged by IceLed and UltraBright. Give them a call and they can probably offer you some advice and help as well. There is little greater satisfaction than doing something yourself

·
1,626 Posts
Hmm someone not a happy bunny?

Stealth box is good I am flogging a 12 inch one only £60 as it is cosmetically damaged!

PMed you details !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts