MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all really, it's the right side one. Anyone else had this problem, how did you sort it?

Cheers.

·
602 Posts
MIGHT be the latch holding the seat up, the one that comes undone when you put the seats forward?? Mine looks fine but sometimes it slides out of place, making a rattling sound.

·
Registered
ZR 105 (IAB) ZR+120 (HQM)
1,369 Posts
The most common place for the rattles and squeaks is from the catch. Some dealers have been known to smear the catch with grease - don't do this (it doesn't work very well and the grease ends up everywhere :x: )

The easiest cure if this is the case is to wrap a couple of turns of PVC insulation tape round the 'D' part of the catch. this makes the catch a bit tighter so it does't move.

If the seat itself is not tight enough, there are three studs under the rear edge of the bottom part of the seat (one near each end and one about in the middle) and a furthur one between the two parts of the seat back. This one can be seen easily from in the boot. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks , I think it is the catch but I can't even release it, the button seems stuck so I'm gonna take it to the dealer as it's still under warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts