MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i fitted my springs they seemed to only sit right when the tighter coils were at the bottom but this meant the lettering on the springs was upside down making me think id fitted them wrong......i tried them both ways but they really would only sit right on the struts one way round

now that ive developed a knocking form the rear suspension im startign to think i may have fitted them upside down......

ive had the suspension off today to inspect it.....the springs havent moved any and everything is all nice and tight....

just wanted to see how all u guys have ur springs fitted.....tighter coils at the top or bottom?

·
Brothers Grim
2,003 Posts
I've just fitted my Xpower springs today, and the spring fits in with the writing the correct way round, on the x power springs they get slightly narrower towards the bottom, the narrow coils are at the bottom.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my pi springs are the same diameter all he way down the coils just get tighter......

i think thats the same yea

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea kinda liek that but i have say 4 or 5 coils that pretty much touch each other right at the bottom...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts