MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wana get avo springs but hows your warranty affected by non mg warranted products, if mg fit them will the warranty still stand??

Sorry if this sounds stupid but dont know huge deal about this sorta thing? :bash:

Cheers guys

G

·
You will invalidate anything to do with the suspension and depending on the dealer, maybe even the steering as well.

Warranties are very vague for a reason as after the first year then they are open to interpretation by the dealer concerned. It might be that you ask one delaer who is happy with it, whereas another isnt. There is no hard and fast answer unfortunately

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but is it worth sacrificing the warranty to get a lower ride height?

Any 1 had any problems with the avo's

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
As long as they are fitted correctly, I am not sure of what suspension parts would really be covered under warranty, I would suspect only the dampers, and MGR could easily say they are subjected to wear and tear, and hence are not covered.

Steve

·
2,039 Posts
Had mine fitted by the dealer when the zorst was done and they agreed to uphold the warranty on the suspension regardless............and i have that in writing :up: :up:

·
Registered
556 Posts
AndyK160 said:
Had mine fitted by the dealer when the zorst was done and they agreed to uphold the warranty on the suspension regardless............and I have that in writing :up: :up:
Only applies to that one specific dealer though. Other MGR dealers are not bound to that commitment.

·
2,039 Posts
Stu said:
AndyK160 said:
Had mine fitted by the dealer when the zorst was done and they agreed to uphold the warranty on the suspension regardless............and I have that in writing :up: :up:
Only applies to that one specific dealer though. Other MGR dealers are not bound to that commitment.
I realise that.........depends on your dealer entirely. Its not an automatic invalidation of warranty as has been stated before by different people.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
AndyK160 said:

how much did they charge you to fit them mate?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I went to my local dealer, and they dont have a clue. Thet said to write to MG. The person I spoke to seemed to think it would invalidate everything.

i want but when if the engine goes bang I dont want to be left will paying the bill.

Are these easy to take off for when I need warrenty work carried out?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Beno said:
I went to my local dealer, and they dont have a clue. Thet said to write to MG. The person I spoke to seemed to think it would invalidate everything.

i want but when if the engine goes bang I dont want to be left will paying the bill.

Are these easy to take off for when I need warrenty work carried out?
MG wont void you whole warranty just for fitting springs, suspension warranty at the most but even then most dealers are ok with these mods.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am mate, theres a couple of zeds near me which have both been lowered and they look well trick.

Just going to save some money now

1 - 16 of 16 Posts