MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking into my zed next week. and manage to get hold of the front splitter, spraying that i'm ok with, but my bonnett, has lots of weeping rust spots, there tiny, How do i go about getting rid of these? filler? i dont wanna apply something and then is react when i begin to paint, i'm am amatuer when it comes to things like this, like i spend alot of time at work in a spray booth spraying timber and its a complete different game, Anything i have sprayed b4 for cars that are plastic, skirts etc, always turned out 100% but is spraying metal goin to be any different to prepare? or finished? i know i am goin to have to probably blow in the wings to fade it right but dont want to make a ham sandwich out of it, its LQW - Anthracite,
tips plz

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have all the right gear, well my work does, just looking to know what to watch out for and tips, i reckon i could get it done meself, last time i got body work down in my town, it was awful, ihad to get it redone, and he asked a ridiculous price for his work, i was like "hold on a minute to i drop me cacks so u can rape me properly", i only paid half of wat he wanted, so i'm sure he would'nt want to see come around the corner, Plus i'm that type of guy who could save a £££ i would, beat the old credit crunch :whip:!

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Body shop for a definate good finish, but if you're keen to give it a crack yourself good on you.

As with painting anything clenliness is the most important thing.
Is the rust just surface rust? In which case when you flat the bonnet back it should disapear, if not flat it back apply some kurust and then a very fine skim of filler, flat back again and apply your primer

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers for the advice, yeah i know its not as easy as it seems, but i'd say 90% is preparation, and sure if it goe's tits up, i've only me self to blame, but i'm on a mission. any other advice?

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
cheers for the advice, yeah i know its not as easy as it seems, but i'd say 90% is preparation, and sure if it goe's tits up, i've only me self to blame, but i'm on a mission. any other advice?
well my advice would be to have a go yourself and see how it looks when its done. if its a total cock up then you can always go take it to a bodyshop then and you at least tried.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
and if it all goes well let me know.....cos ill let u try it on my bonnet...lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts