MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spilt a bit of oil on my engine when i was topping up, will it be ok? What will happen?

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol...prob 50-100mil tops

I wiped most of it up and ran the engine with the bonnet up for a few mins, rev'd it a bit, it smelt funny, smoke came out of the exhaust...as long as it will burn off im happy.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Jib 21 said:
lol...prob 50-100mil tops

I wiped most of it up and ran the engine with the bonnet up for a few mins, rev'd it a bit, it smelt funny, smoke came out of the exhaust...as long as it will burn off im happy.

no probs then jon will just smell

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yellow-peril said:
jon will just smell
always do... :hiding: I dunno how amy copes with it... :wallb:

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats what I was worried about, my drama teacher told me about this time a bloke did something will oil on her car and set fire to the engine for some reason

G

·
Depends on where it was spilt.

The worst thing is if any gets on the cam belt as it can cause it to fail prematurely and any on the fan belt/steering motor belts can cuase them to slip as they work on friction

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Steve220 said:
i've spilt oil on my manifold and turbo before and it just burns off on idle. Just lots and lots of smoke. No fire :)
theres no smoke without fire :cool1:

·
2,039 Posts
Jib 21 said:
thats what I was worried about, my drama teacher told me about this time a bloke did something will oil on her car and set fire to the engine for some reason
Drama teacher Jon ??.........explains a lot :hiding: :hiding: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
890 Posts
hob said:
Steve220 said:
i've spilt oil on my manifold and turbo before and it just burns off on idle. Just lots and lots of smoke. No fire :)
so the old wives tale says ;) but i've had no fires. What about smoke bombs? no fire there :p

·
Registered
258 Posts
it can run down under the rocker cover n get in2 the first pot n cause bad connection.....i had this n im still sufferin now even after changin the plugs and 2 leads.......extra carefull now though....

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Steve220 said:
hob said:
Steve220 said:
so the old wives tale says ;) but i've had no fires. What about smoke bombs? no fire there :p
thats not smoke thats mini clouds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts