MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don't know how to put into words what I am feeling right now.....I have just found out that a nine year old boy from my daughters school is missing...believed abducted since yesterday afternoon.....

How do I tell her......its been on all the national news today.......

what makes it worse...I dont know if you remember my thread before xmas about the perv that was lurking at the school......well.....there have been reports of it being seen yesterday afternoon

I am devastated he was laurens friend.......just dont know what to say....

my thoughts are with his family

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/4220761.stm

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
that is really sad and i hope he turns up i dread to think what his parents are going through.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
im not sure if you should tell your daughter right now it might be better for her to find out in school as it says in the report that the police are going to speak to the children. it might unsettle her tonight.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
nicky
dont know what to say to you except our thoughts are with you all, we as parents take so much for granted , i hope hes found safe and sound and can only imagine what is parents are going through .

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I remember your thread nicky.

Please keep us updated.

As a mother too its beyond thought to imagine what his poor family are going through.

·
Banned
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a quick update....

The police decided to search the building site here in the early hours of this morning.....helicopter the lot....

Still no sign of the lad, it now appears that there are 2 others of the same sort of age missing as well......

taking my daughter to school was awful....all the kids crying and friggin reporters everywhere......

just cant take this in.....their poor parents

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Was a big thing u did actually taking her today too nicky, a lot of people whould have shyed away from it. It's best that Lauren is with her friends, they can deal with it together. Kids are a lot more pereceptive than we often give them credit for.

Keep us updated hun!

·
Banned
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes she has gone to school......she wanted to be with her friends......but I have told her if she wants to come home to get them to fone me and I will be straight there........

her immediate reaction last night though....what if the same thing has happened as happened to holly and Jessica......i.e soham......

nothing I say can really make it easier for her

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Agreed, best thing try not to treat her any differently, otherwise it might scare her more :-(

·
Loadsamoney! So shut it!!!
4,103 Posts
Hope he has just wondered off and not what everyones thinking has happend, its discusting that today you have to send a armed guard with your kids to know they are safe!

I hope the police find him safe and well soon...

·
1,431 Posts
my god....thats terrible......

i wouldnt say anything too graphic to your daughter, maybe just warn her to keep an eye out and keep safe....

there are some sick people in this world...

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
It is difficult to be brave and do something like you did this morning nicky, especially in the world we live in today. Just think positive. The lad will turn up and all will be fine.

·
Loadsamoney! So shut it!!!
4,103 Posts
Imagine the conversation they will be having with there parents!!!

But a nice happy ending!

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
do you hug them or slap them ,as a parent thank god they are ok .so many emotions must have gone through there parents minds the last couple of days

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Thats such good news.
:up:

they are very lucky anything could of happened out there to them.

I hope lauren feels better now with this news.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts