MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
They certainly look great. As for direct repacement then I think you might have some problems unless you make your own spacer rings or something. I havent got around to changing the OE speakers in my doors but I do know that it is not that straightforward. Pretty sure someone on here that has done the job can advise us both.

·
Registered
44 Posts
6.5 will fit in your door all you have to do is smash the orginal out of its casing and use that or as i did just use some mdf spacers to line up with the mounting points on the door,i have 7 inch midbass drivers in my doors with tweets set in the handles xovers are hidden in door but could be brought out and shown off if you want

·
1,626 Posts
Quick word of advice Bass junkies have a terrible reputation!

Fitting speakers in your doors is easy peasy, only real problem is wiring as if you are using decent ofc cable you need to either drill holes or risk jamming the wires in the door seals not pretty!

·
Registered
49 Posts
i got a set of Alpine SX-blah blah blahs brand new from ebay for £35 over the weekend. The bloke had 3 sets available and I was the only bidder.

Found the same speakers on kelkoo and the cheapest I could find them for was £100, so think I got a bargain!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Alpine SXE-1750S - the auction said 17cm but they are only 16.5cm instead, I need to do a bit of modding. they look OK and have max power of 250W - will be amping them this weekend....

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
One of the lads i know has a full s type set up and he says that for an extra few quid you can get much better. For the money you cant go wrong with the Infinity 6500CS if you really want alpine then look at the type R components in his opinion they perform much better and you can pick them up for under £100.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts