MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As has been the topic of a previous thread I've just fitted a set of infinity's to my girlfriends car. We're looking now for a set of replacement speaker covers for the doors. The infinity's came with a set, but they're bloody huge and though they look good would have to sit way offcentre and would look bloody silly. The OEM's are crap, look shit and on top of that were covered in wax when some valeters made a complete mess of her car (avoid the guys in the lower level of the buchanan bus station multi-storey in Glasgow folks, bloody cowboys).

So what are our options? is there such a thing?

·
X-ZR Owner
1,120 Posts
You could recover the existing speaker covers mate. Rip off the old material and use some black tights or similar material.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
recover them or get some from a r25 from a scrapy.(then you can see how they come off)
might be more tempting to be broken in if other covers are fitted....

G

·
When I picked my ZR up, they had managed to remove the material off one and damage the other. Whilst I was waiting for replacements I had a quick trawl round some of the local ICE delaers and managed to source a set of standard plain grills. These I stuck on over the top of the OE grills and I am more than pleased with the effect.
Not a good pic but might give some idea

1 - 4 of 4 Posts