MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a quicky (its my age dont ya know)

how long does speeding convictions stay on ya driving licence?

i`ve got a sp30 back in 2001, just wonna know when it can be taken off.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yer i though 3, but wasnt sure.

shouldnt make any diff for insurance though, as long as you tell them though?

·
3,634 Posts
camay1066 said:
yer i though 3, but wasnt sure.

shouldnt make any diff for insurance though, as long as you tell them though?
Make the cost go up !!! I had one 10 years ago and i paid a bit more on insurance !! After 5 years it came off !! Have'nt been done since so not sure how long it stays on yer license !! Pretty sure its still 5 years though !!

·
3,634 Posts
spanner385 said:
inside info and a bit of care on the roads is what you need. Oh and a bit of tactics, ie never be the fastest on a motorway

Yeah yer just gotta know where yer can floor it and where yer cant !!!

Country roads yer ok but motorways and built up areas stick to the speed limit coz :lcop: is about !!! :up:

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
3yrs and comes of after 4.my sp30 came off last yr......
I did ask the ins if it made any dif and they said if it did it wouldent go up much....(at least if you get a sp30 you also get a producer )

·
Registered
556 Posts
3 years they are vaild for the totting up process.

After 4 years you can sent you license away to have them removed (paper job).

Insurance will require you to declare then for 5 in most cases.

Different offences stay on for different amounts of time, but usually only count for totting up for 3 years.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've got 2 SP30's and a CD10 but only actually have 3 point on my license!. Hence I am quite careful these days... ...well most of the time ;)

They stay on yer license for 4 years from the date of the offence or 4 years from date of conviction if you have to go to court.

If it's a more serious offence involving drink/drugs or death by careless driving etc. then they stay of for 11 years from the date of conviction

I found it greatly affected the insurance quotes I received , mainly because I had a CD10.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts