MG ZR Forums banner

If muz's car is a w/o should he buy a ZED or go to Canada?

• Go to canada

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buy a new zed

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek:

As a few may know i had a wee bump on Friday

Then on Sunday my car spun out of controll on a corner on the motorway (Scary stuff!!) (Long story)

However took it to the gargage to get an estimate/tell me when they could work on it

The guy looked at it, drove it then got out and said "Sorry sir but your car is unfit to be driven, I belive there might be some chassis damage or suspension failure" "Here is a Micra .8 litre courtesy car"

Holy shit! Apparently the front drivers wheel was fouling the bodywork when under load I.E. going round a bend at speed which caused me to spin

If it is bad could be written off :evil: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: WTF it was a tiny wee bump!

So no zed for me for a few days at least maybe not at all :aww: [-o< hope it gets fixed

How the feck can I sell it now? ? ? ? :-({|=

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

WTF???? Written off???????? :eek: :eek:

Very hard question mate!! Canada would be good but I think you should buy a new zed as I know what your zed means to you!!

You could always go to canada for a holiday??!! :mrsmiley:

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
Thats one tough decision!!

Ultimately it has to be one u decide and i think we'd all love you here with your z, but go onto a snowboarding forum and there'd be no question that they'd say there!!

Up to you hun, but whatever you decide i wish you the best of luck!

·
1,431 Posts
im so gutted for you, but like i said before, its happend now, nothing you can do about it........

i know how much you loved ur car, but it is replaceable.

i reckon you should go to canada hunny, you can always come back and buy a zed, but you may never get the chance to go there again.........

its your desicion at the end of the day, but dont make it too lightly.

do what you think will make you happiest!!!!! :mrsmiley:

·
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys

Gordy I was coming offthe M9 onto the M876 for the kincardine bridge (You know the sharp laft hander)

The road was damp so I was only doing 55 or so

I felt a wee bit of understeer so i let off and instead of the little bit of o/s I was expecting he back came round as if i had pulled the handbrake!

Don't know how I didn't hit anything and the guys behind me must have got a great sight of a zed going sideways round a bend!

Anyway the reaseon that the car did this was probobly the front left locking up then releasing suddenly

Scary scary stuff!

·
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
P.s there was a third option of Buy a clio 172 cup

But it didn't come up

MMMMMM clio . . . .

·
Registered
422 Posts
i love cannada, mountain bike capital of the world, i love the north shore, but i dont like snow so cannada in the summer is heaven for me but winter dunno but i wudnt b able to decide either so i say both lol

·
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As soon as I realised i wasn't going to hit anyone or thing it felt amazing I got such a rush ! :D

However my heart was going 200 bpm for sure!!! :mrsmiley:

·
Registered
422 Posts
muz said:
As soon as I realised i wasn't going to hit anyone or thing it felt amazing I got such a rush ! :D

However my heart was going 200 bpm for sure!!! :mrsmiley:
felt amazing :-k lol i shit my self wen i lost control of my car and went into a spin mine you and i hit a wall after the spin so i guess if u didnt git anything then it would feel ok

·
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pete has a point

Might go for a cheaper course :-k

I want the one with the luxury accomodation and hot tub

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
muz said:
Might go for a cheaper course :-k
That sounds like a good idea to me mate!! Then when you come back you can buy a zed and get the best of both worlds!! :mrsmiley:

The snowboarding would be excellent over there but so is having people drooling over your car at knockhill, crail etc!! :-k

·
Registered
223 Posts
Spend all the money you get for the written Z...

Spend it all on lottery tickets, of course you will win the jackpot!...

Then, buy a boeing 747, and convert it to your "House"... then you can live in any country, and for any time consuming breaks you wish you can buy a car with equivalent handling to ZR for a little run around ...

Sorted...

PS sorry to hear about the prang, what did you hit? and how?!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
go to canada mate the beer is more expencive there but you will have the girls eating out of your hands, But stay away from Qubec as if you dont speak french you are classed a s a secomd class citzen you will miss your zed cause there are no real cars like it over there i know i was there for nearly 2 months one of the best places to be is tronto as it is really freidly and it never stops. With cars over there you can pick up the likes of a 350Z for 20,000 dollars bout 10,000 pound. but seriously Go to cananda you wont regret it

·
Registered
2 Posts
nah dont buy a new one...

u daft? zr's are the biggest pile of wank ever.

yes i am an owner so have experienced the car before anyone starts...and yes, i am getting rid of it gfor sumthing that doesnt fall apart or burn and leak oil all the time.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Go to Canada Muz, You can get a car anytime!

Good luck whatever you decide but Canada would win hands down for me!:p

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
sorry to hear about your zed...glad you are ok.
id go to canada then get a zed when you come back......

if its written off and you get to keep it let me have first refusal on her....nice an cheap... :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
50 50 on votes looks like u cast the final vote mate bad luck about the car like but tbh you do drive a bit nuts but hey thats what insurance is for <did you tell them about your upgraded discs and k&n> or did you take them off as iove heard of insurance companys not paying out as its not the car they insured basically they say with bigger brakes it makes you think you can go quicker just a thought not very positive but life aint is it

good luck

1 - 20 of 22 Posts