MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have fitting the heatshield to my 105 but it does not look right, it looks like the bumper need to be counter sunk (thing thats the right word!)

Would it be best to remove to heatshield countsink the holes and re screw? #-o

Think i fucked it up! ](*,)

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
should just bolt onto the bumper tight, an only be protruding a little way.

·
Registered
342 Posts
mine was the same as this, it would be ideal to countersink it but the bumper just seemed a bit too fragile. In the end I gave a right good push and screwed it on more... careful tho not to over tighten.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I took the grinder to my heatshield and took off some of the excess metal at the back of where the screw holes had been countersunk.

Gotta be careful cos it is real easy to balls it up and ruin the heatshield, but mine sits perfectly now onto the rear apron. Before using the grinder, I couldn't get mine to sit flush either.

·
LU HG
3,487 Posts
Would you say that £18.50 including P&P is a good price for a brand new heatshield with fitting screws?

(This is the price of one on eBay that I'm pondering on buying).

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
It's a rip off really, but thats about the going rate.

They do polish up very easily and you can get a mirror finish on 'em. Best to use a buffer and do it before they are fitted though as in pic above.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Just don't get suckered into paying more for the "mirror finish" items being sold as being something special.

Mine took less than five minutes to buff up and it was a tenner cheaper than them.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
i remeber paying £11.50 including screws for mine.....as soon as mg twigged on...BANG duoble the price...... :evil:

DiveBy....your car looks very shiney :grin: :grin: \:D/ \:D/

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I paid about £18 for mine I think from Ebay.

Mr C it aint that shiny today mate LOL, its absolutely bloody filthy. :(

That pic must have been taken in August I think, before I changed the back lights etc.
I would have washed it today, but its too cold at the mo' and the water is freezing onto the car before I can leather it off.

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
MR C said:
i remeber paying £11.50 including screws for mine.....as soon as mg twigged on...BANG duoble the price...... :evil:

DiveBy....your car looks very shiney :grin: :grin: \:D/ \:D/
Same here :twisted: .

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Mitch - ZR said:
Would you say that £18.50 including P&P is a good price for a brand new heatshield with fitting screws?

(This is the price of one on eBay that I'm pondering on buying).

Thanks.
I think the current dealer price is around £28, so I would get it if I were you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts