MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brodit ProClip with 4th Gen iPod mount.

iPod > to Alpine KCA-420 interface > Alpine 9833R head

Need a sub 'n amp now. Anyone used the Alpine Type-S or Type-R subs? Any good?

·
RIP ZR
15,287 Posts
ive got the same as that but just gotta get it fitted cos i had it in my old car...quality piece of kit though.Did you choose to have it mounted there??Cos i think im guna shove mine in the glove compartment.

·
RIP ZR
15,287 Posts
alpine 9831r...i think you can get cables to connect the ipod to a sony headunit..but it wouldnt be an interface

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yellow_zr said:
ive got the same as that but just gotta get it fitted because i had it in my old car...quality piece of kit though.Did you choose to have it mounted there??because i think im guna shove mine in the glove compartment.
I did choose to have it mounted there, but if I was gonna do it again I'd probably get the mount that fits lower down the centre console. I had it there for easy access to the iPod, however when you connect it to the interface the buttons on the iPod are locked and everything is controlled via the head unit. Don't think I'd stick it in the glove compartment tho - the back of the iPod gets scratched too easily !

·
RIP ZR
15,287 Posts
i was sayin that ive got the 9831r...!cos i think kabash wants to hook an ipod upto his sony..

·
SRS Xmas Pants On!
11,286 Posts
I rigged mine up to the Kenwood CD player what came in the car new. The ipod cradle is set up in the armrest so when its closed theres no sign of it. Can control the tracks and volume through the headunit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts