MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
14,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cut the long story short, my PC went mad, lost all my work had to have it reinstalled, not impressed :x:

The problem i have is my speakers arent working.....it said sound card isnt working?? I havent got a clue so any help is good please...

Plugged it in all the right ones, but stil no sound...

anyone help me please??? :wallb:

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
turn the computer on.....

:D

·
Registered
14,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Proper answers please....

Also just installed medal of honour pacific assaut....and it said my video card dosent support direct X....

FFS my pc is up to date....

So need help asap :guns:

·
2,585 Posts
try going to the homepage for the sound card for the drivers and ur graphics card might not be able to run the newer direct x version (9) either that or direct x 9 isnt installed

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Maybe try doing a windows update, newer drivers should be available there.

·
989 Posts
you wont be able to play pacific assault unless you get a new graffics/video card that supports a higher direct X

as for your sound Make sure you have drivers installed for your sound card.

try doing this ..

start/settings/control panel/sounds and multimedia/ then select the audio or hardware tab and make sure the rite soundcard is selected.

drop me a email if you completely lost i might be able to help.

·
Registered
14,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im sooo stuck its untrue....fucking game...no sounds.... :x:

any one on msn who can help me...

seems to me as tho my sounds arent installed at all, cos in that menu they all look off :wallb: :wallb: :wallb:

·
3,634 Posts
160 Babe said:
im sooo stuck its untrue....fucking game...no sounds.... :x:

any one on msn who can help me...

seems to me as tho my sounds arent installed at all, cos in that menu they all look off :wallb: :wallb: :wallb:
lol

·
Registered
14,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There is no sound card
You either do not have a sound card installed on your computer or it is not functioning properly. If you do not have a sound card installed, you must install one before you can listen to audio in a digital media file. If you do have a sound card installed, refer to its documentation to troubleshoot the problem.

Error ID = 0x80040256, Remedy ID = 0x00000000
Web Help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© 2000-2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. :wallb:

·
Registered
523 Posts
find some old drivers :blink2: and install then

maybe try another pci slot... depends if its pci card....

somr parts of the mobo is knackered

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
OK, right click on the MY Computer desktop icon.
Click on Properties.
Click on Hardware.
Click on Device Manager.
When the window opens do you see Sound,Video and Game Controllers? If so click on it to see a list of hardware.
Is your sound card listed there? Does it have a little yellow ! mark?

If it is there and is marked ! then there is probably somthing wrong with the drivers.

If you dont see any sound related hardware then either the sound card has gone pop or Windows simply cannot see it.

You could try going to Control Panal and Adding New Hardware.

You could try opening up the machine and re-seating the card or putting it into a different slot.

·
Registered
14,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nac said:
see Sound,Video and Game Controllers? If so click on it to see a list of hardware.
Is your sound card listed there? Does it have a little yellow ! mark?

cant see sound card...it was all working last night.... :x: but not now

and how do i move the thing out?

·
2,585 Posts
ah i had this problem with my audigy 2 ex, i dont think u will be suitable for this job but u need to tke the sound card out the PCI slot and blow the dust away then replace it. its a simple job but i have known people to set there computers on fire in the process so BEWARE

1 - 20 of 34 Posts