MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right guys coming home from work, just coming onto the motorway and theres quiet a tight corner so being a zed i always hammer it round no probs, getting to 50 going round it today and theres this almighty bang coming from the engine bay (went from left to right) and then a noise like my bumper had come off............shitting myself i pull over and cant find a blasted thing wrong, out of place, nothing!!!!! Any ideas to the noise.........had a quick look at my lowering springs and they seem ok? :-k

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
Theres no obvioua new noises I take it... like blowing pipes, a slight loss of power - extra vibrations?

Maybe you caught a large bit of stone or something kicked loose by another car that just echoed a lot?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the only thing that seems different is that the tracking might have gone out slightly..........would that cause a bang? everything in the engine bay looks as it should and all the bodywork does! hopefully it was a stone or something mate

and yes still coming to the meet :)

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
How was the car handling when the noise occured - did it act unsually, like a sudden swerve?

The easiest way to knock the tracking out is to hit something with the wheel, kerbs will do it - but a friend of mine put his well out with a loud bang by driving over a brick on the motorway :eek:

I wouldnt worry too much about it, keep an eye, take it a little more gentle (just in case) and if it happens again, get it to a dealer!

I assume ya brakes r OK? (just in case you did get something liek a stone in the wheel...)

Hopefully you'll just take it easy to start with and eventually you'll just forget about it :)

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
was halfway round the corner and the car didnt jerk at all, cornered normally and straight away pulled onto hard shoulder, braked normally too! didnt see anything in the road and didnt feel a bump or anything...... sounded like something flinging across the engine bay........will see what its like on the way to blackpool tonite..........cheers for the advice mate

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
If its any concelation, the last time I had a 'strange noise' that couldnt be explained (a loud nails on a blackboard type screech) whilst driving the car... it turned out to be a hose clip we'd picked up from the road getting stuck inside the alloy and brakes.

No damage, but what a noise! It fell off the second we touched it, after pulling over like yourself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts