MG ZR Forums banner

Which tyres?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all the talk about tyres in the last few days, which shall i get??

Yokos or Pirellis???

·
Registered
82 Posts
Tyres

Yokos are great, super sticky and look good, but they are sticky due to being soft - don't last long at all. Pirellis would be the best bet, especially at that price.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Mmmm thats a bit better wi the prices, whichever you get can you post up how they compare to the michi's gotta be gettin new rubber pretty soon [-o<

G

·
pirrelis for £85! i went to my local garage the other day coz my front tyres are worn and they told me that the cheapest price he could do 1 pirelli tyre for my 17's was £140 :eek: !! the very cheapest he could get in were bridgestones for £115 for 1! :-k me thinks he takin the piss !!! whats the best kind of places to get tyres from? (obviously not my local garage!)

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'd go for yoko's i had some on a 306 before and they were very good for handling on dry and wet roads. Yes they are soft but they lasted me quite a while. They look good too.

I have just put Kuhmo tyres on my zed and they are not bad, £130 for two. I changed from Michies as i think they are crap and over rated.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Michies are awful to be honest, very over rated !

Yoko's are very good but wont last you as long as the pirelli's

as Al (mustang) said avon zz's are a pretty good tyre.

probably say Pirelli's as they will last longer, but grip wise Yoko's probably edge it unless you can get a Pirelli P Zero Nero tyre but very expensive !!

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
I would go with Yokos, always found Priellis crap in the wet (depends which ones they are), and if you do drive that little bit more enthusiastically, then you will find the Pirellis give up grip a lot easier.

I have Yoko A539's and have done track days in mine and they still have plenty of meat on them, and I drive like a nutter sometimes. They won't last as long but then the reason for this is that Pirellis don't hold the road as good.

Steve

1 - 20 of 33 Posts