MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
:(
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update Sneaky peak without laquer!

Well i have made a start with the two back wheels on my car, IM hoping there going to turn out ok with the paint hardenning nice.

I washed the wheels and then I sanded them lightly to take the shine off them, Then i primed them and now I have got the first two coats of gloss black on them. I will leave them to dry like that over night before I laquer them.

P.S. I shant post pics of completion untill all four are done and are on my car.

sanded

primed

second coat gloss black

Please tell me that its looking ok as dont want to bulls it up lol.
:group:

·
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looks mint, i bet its a ball ache maskin off around the tyre properly tho lol
oh yeahhhhhh, it was an arse and i would advise you to go round with duck tape first as its the only thing that takes hold on the tyre then use masking that is what i did.

·
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
whats with the yellow wheel behind the wheel in the first pic
hehe lol i was waiting for someone to ask, well the first wheel before i primed i used primer filler which is yello but turns out its crap and didnt need to use so just sanded it off. :)

·
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I found it hard to sleep last night thinking my car will fall over lmao! as the two back wheels are off, saying that its one 2 axle strands with a suppoting jack and trolly jack.

Also a lot more happy with my spray job as the paint work seems alot tougher this morning.

so good morning to you all :)

·
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
how many coast of the paint did u actually do?
I did about 6 dust coats of primer so it built up nice and strong, then about 4 nice coats of gloss black which covered evenly. Then left over night and I have just put the first layer of laquer on (not to thickly though).

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
looking good mate i done my wheels myself on the zed and they came out brilliant

·
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks, next will be medium tints on back sides. (If anyone lives within 40mile of nn109ej willing to do my tints for as i failed last time, let me know :) For a reasonable price)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Were your wheels curbed at all? How many cans have you gone through now mate? Looks really really good IMO. Well done. Not sure whether I will be refurbing mine or getting new ones. Inspirational work that

·
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Were your wheels curbed at all? How many cans have you gone through now mate? Looks really really good IMO. Well done. Not sure whether I will be refurbing mine or getting new ones. Inspirational work that
Thanks they were not bad at all on the back the front are a little worse, though still not that bad, i wrote how i have done it in other post.

thanks

1 - 20 of 49 Posts