MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Build will be finished next week, heres a sneak preview of it well part of the box :p

Novaload please don't leak this onto BC yet, those subs are 600watts RMS each so should be pretty loud when i unleash it at the Ice Direct sound-off end of January.

Just gotta finish off the side panels and the laser cut MG logo in the floor at the front which is a perspex finish with the amps below visable by blue led's and strobes, also a few other bits which will be reveled in the future once finished.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope. designed it myself but not built it myself the middle where it curves in is fiberglassed to make the curve and then you've the seperate chambers etc and with so many angles thought i'd kindly let my mate build it for me :wohow:

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
hey looks good andy mate and i aint going to say a word mate, you know what i'm doing as well so its give and take dude!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep it'll be at the sound-off hoping to get minimum of 140db if i don't get that i'll cry :wallb: 145db will keep me happy for now :up:

Should be good, Pete the guy who's built it all for me has been doing this kinda thing for the last 10+ years and he's just started his own business so i'd like to think he's knows his stuff :wman:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well made a few adjustments yesterday to the top of the box which sits flush now, side panels are being made i'm having a breather, and the bottom bits away being lazer cut with - Andy MGZR120 cut out of the wood.

On the top of the boot the interior trim being adjusted to fit speakers either side and tv in the middle. Basic pic below explains

Opinions? positive and negative welcomed

·
570 Posts
Looks snug mate :D I presume the side panels you're having done will fill the gaps at the side?

Also, what are you gonna trim that boot-lid panel with when you put the screen etc in? Cos I reckon (and I don't think I'm alone here) that the colour of the std plastic surround is like baby vomit ;)

Looks mint though - look fwd to seeing the finished product!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes mate side panels are to fill the gaps at the sides, have got this felt/fabric gun to do the interior, basically you paste on glue, then spray the felts onto the panels you've glued and it leaves the panel looking like it's been covered in material, has the same feel and... lasts for life

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cheers for the comments, box took so long building and we wanted it snug, when we fitted we didn't account for the fabric so have to make adjustments for the rear suspension strut, it weighs a ton with all the filler etc, but only lowered the suspension 2mm but then i took old single sub box out and stealth shelf so guess that equalled some weight

1 - 20 of 44 Posts