MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi just woundering how much you lot paid to have your bootlids smoothed and sprayed, also how long does it usually take?

cheers

dave

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Just get a Mk2 ZR rear hatch, saves all the hassle of getting it plated, as in time with a plated hatch you may get some sinkage.

Steve

·
RIP ZR
15,287 Posts
is it really worth buying a mk2 just to have a smoothed tailgate though?

·
Registered
708 Posts
i agree with u steve asked about smoothin the boot at my body shop they said easier to fit mk2 boot then to try and get all the right contours by smoothing it out with plates and filler. :up:

·
LU HG
3,487 Posts
i plan in the future on buying a mk2 boot, would look good, but not sure about the mk2 rear bumper, i would probably just build a recess into my mk1 one.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Went to find out about a mark2 boot and ended up costing alot more than having the boot smoothed as u nee to get the glass to go in the boot which was extra or i could of had the glass in my old 1 put in the new 1 so just went with the smoothing the old 1, alot cheaper....

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cheers for your comments. i want to get my bootlid smoothed because i dont like the bootlid of the mk2 because it has a little ridge near the top.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts