MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right section, as not sure what the problem is...

So here goes... Every now and then my car seems to steer to the left, it appears to be when braking, as its normally when coming to a halt that i notice it... think its happened whilst going along normally, however cant quite remember as it hasnt happened today, however does seem to happen nrly every day. I have a service coming up and my dad's an ex-mechanic, however thought I would ask some MG experts before tlking to him about it.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

cheers, sam.

·
thinking of a turbo
831 Posts
could be a threw things i.e warped disc, slicky calipers, tyres(were and inflation) or sometimes people say thats the roads are like tramlines because of all the lorries etc or even tracking

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah I was thinking that, my dad had a similar problem with his old Fiat Coupe. Tracking was all out.

Best bet is to take it to a garage however

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeh ill get the old man to have a look at it, My tires are bald and in dire need or replacement, so it could well be that, but we shall see.

Cheers for the help guys.

·
Formerly Trophynovabasher
3,051 Posts
if you have never driven on low profile tyres then its simple tramlining and you just have to get used to it - normal tyres with the higher walls absorb the urge of the car to follow the grooves in the tarmac left by trucks, low profiles however, sit in them and it can feel like its pulling to the left or the right - there are roads i go on where i know i need to keep two hands on the wheel.

Braking or accelerating will exaggerate the effect.
Try it out by looking for a really smooth road or carpark and try it out.

oh and if your tyres are bald - get them changed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts