MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you probably all know I braved it and got a new shape ZR 105. The problem is there is something wrong with the acceleration. It is not just the way I drive it either as Vic (Zrvic) has driven it and thought it was pulling well, Lou (160 babe) drove it and said compared to Kabash's that it was slow and then webber went in it as a passenger also.

It is not exactly slow but it doesn't pick up very well! It seems to sound like I am revving it hard but I am not. I took it to the dealers and they took it out but said that it was ok.

I can't keep up with Saxo VTR's and also I struggle to keep up with most other 105's including Vic's.

I am just wondering if anyone had any ideas what it could be and if anyone else with a new ZR would let me know what they think!!!! :eek:hwell: :eek:hwell:

·
1,626 Posts
A new car with an engine that only has a fw miles on the clock will feel very tight

When it has done 5-6k miles you will notice a big difference

Plus get a filter and exhaust plus a remap and it won't be slow!

I believe they also altered some of the throttle control for the new ZED, although this mightbe a lie :lol:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My car has done over 6000 miles and I have a back box exhaust.

I don't know if it makes any difference but sometimes my car wont start very well either :eek:hwell:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Hmm it really don't seem gfood go back and demand it gets sorted! TRy driving the others they have as demo cars and see if it feels the same - Just to make sure

·
Registered
119 Posts
ive had the new shape now for two weeks n a bit n done about 1000 miles, an i cant really tell any diffrence between the old one (asi used to have the old one) the handing an aceleration etc all feel the same....i think, i cant see why they would be any diffrent. the only thing i notice is now because i dont have my pipercross, wen i accelerate i dont get that nice sound ;)

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
Its deffo slow peeps!! top end its the same, but it seems to be early on in gears when it doesn't pick up properly!!

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
ok, might sound silly but has it always been like that??

maybe the timing needs to be adjusted up?? sounds a little retarded, at least if my engine was doing that then i think thats what i'd put it down to.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Novaload said:
ok, might sound silly but has it always been like that??

maybe the timing needs to be adjusted up?? sounds a little retarded, at least if my engine was doing that then i think thats what i'd put it down to.
what does the timing needs to be adjusted mean?

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Could be the battery maybe? if it doesnt hold the cahrge well, could explain the poor start up ,and if the engine has to keep charging it etc... is a possiblity

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
the timing of the sparks from the spark plugs. the gap in between each spark on each cylinder is too large. normally (going on how on my car - being totally different to an MG) you have a distributor cap that you HT leads plug into, but i do know of car that are dizzy less and use core packs.

I've probably confused you even more now with that shite explaination!

is it ticking over slower than vic's?

i might be barking up the wrong tree totally.

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
nitr0genics said:
novaload your talkin to a woman, remeber women n engines dont mix
yeh i know that mate, but some women know more than men. :eek:

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
well at least you admit it hun. only suggestion i have is to take it in to your dealer and see what they say if you suggest that the timing might be out, mechanically or electrically!

Unless someone else says different to you.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts