MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we have now established im guna keep my alloys and just powdercoat them white!!!!!!!

nxt on the agenda shall i slam it? by how much? and what kina price we talkin?

·
Fake Bans FTW!!!
1,482 Posts
dont slam it until youve sorted the rubbing out mate or youll get more probs :(

also depends how much you want to spend

under £150? red avo's 40mm irc
around £600 coilovers
secondhand coilovers around £300
black avo springs look pro but they dont make them no more but you can still get some second hand :)

·
GOT OWNED BY THE LAW
2,253 Posts
dont slam it until youve sorted the rubbing out mate or youll get more probs :(

also depends how much you want to spend

under £150? red avo's 40mm irc
around £600 coilovers
secondhand coilovers around £300
black avo springs look pro but they dont make them no more but you can still get some second hand :)
35mm red avo's
can get some gaz collies for £500 brand new i did
i would stay clear of second hand collies .. as a lot of poeple have probs
also if you buy springs someone will charge you £70ish to fit so you looking at £200 for a 35 mm drop .. or £500 for a 65mm max drop which looks the business and is ace handling if you hsave the monies then its coilovers all the way

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Remember as well that the lower you go, apart from the problems of rubbing you will also be putting greater strain on the CVJs and there has also been a few problems where people on air bags who have gone extremely low have even had drive shafts come out of the gearbox!

·
Fake Bans FTW!!!
1,482 Posts
35mm red avo's
can get some gaz collies for £500 brand new i did
i would stay clear of second hand collies .. as a lot of poeple have probs
also if you buy springs someone will charge you £70ish to fit so you looking at £200 for a 35 mm drop .. or £500 for a 65mm max drop which looks the business and is ace handling if you hsave the monies then its coilovers all the way
stfu:D

·
aka 25inprogress
7,940 Posts
i hate it when people say they are going to slam there car then drop it by 30mm.... 30mm is not slamming a car :p

as for how low you can go, i dropped mine 125mm and never had a problem in the 45k it was that low.

·
Premium Member
28,417 Posts
I (and a few others on here) think my 50mm drop gives the car a perfect stance - any higher it'll look like everyone else, any lower and it would be undriveable as I bottom out on some speedbumps!

·
aka 25inprogress
7,940 Posts
I (and a few others on here) think my 50mm drop gives the car a perfect stance - any higher it'll look like everyone else, any lower and it would be undriveable as I bottom out on some speedbumps!

:p you learn how to drive it that low though, i delivered pizzas 5 nights a week for nearly 3 years and not once did i have to turn back :D

·
Premium Member
28,417 Posts
hehe urs is a good 1
has it got a name?
"John The Car"

:p you learn how to drive it that low though, i delivered pizzas 5 nights a week for nearly 3 years and not once did i have to turn back :D
I suppose it depends where you live and where you go... the place I am the most has a car park with a speedbump at the entrance that I literally bounce off if I have more than one passenger - any lower and I wouldn't even get in :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts