MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
LU HG
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gonna get one of the silver 'ZR' boot badges as mine is a black one. but was wondering whether anyone has done this swap and whether they could tell how much they paid for theirs and what adveshive they used to fit it?

cheers

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
look forward that one at Sheffield then young man!

G

·
There are several ways, the best I have come across is to use a hair dryer to heat the area around th badge. The heat should soften the glue and help it pull away.

If you find that it still wont come away then get some nylon filament (fishermans line will do the job). Pass this behind the badge and pulling towards yourself, use a sawing motion to cut through the adhesive. This will almost certainly leave some sticky residue behind which can be removed with some mild solvent like meths/white spirit or even your other halfs acetone nail polish remover.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I purchased one off e-bay for £2 with no idea of where to put it. Was thinking off mounting it on the front mesh grille, do you think that would look s**t or not?

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Marks Blue 160 said:
I purchased one off e-bay for £2 with no idea of where to put it. Was thinking off mounting it on the front mesh grille, do you think that would look s**t or not?
Few peeps on here have done that :up:

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Im sure I have some silver ones in the house! If anyone wants them (and I can find them) Ill send them for nothing, just cos Im nice

1 - 17 of 17 Posts