MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a pair of skirts, but the scrappy just ripped them off, so im looking for the end brackets. seems i also need double sided adhesive tape and 10 clips. i can get the brackets but the mg people up here say the tape and clips only come with new skirts. any idea's. ta :confused:

·
Registered
775 Posts
ive just changed the end brackets from metal to plastic so they dont rust no more if you wont i can mail you my metal ones for free ,they need a good clean down and repainting but they may be of use to you , pm me if ya wont them,

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
mine are going to dealers on thursday to be properly bonded on, apparently they come off the production line held on with clips & sticky tape!! :confused:

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Jib 21 said:
mine are going to dealers on thursday to be properly bonded on, apparently they come off the production line held on with clips & sticky tape!! :confused:
add some frosting mate.............it'll be fine :wink:

·
Registered
85 Posts
yeah mine have fallen away from the body 3 times now! I asked my dealer to put them on properly and they were gonna charge me over £100!!!!
They said it was my fault because i had to remove them when the car was repaired.......

Even tho they are fully aware this is a major problem, they are not willing to put it right :evil:

If i still have the car next year it's going in to shaun to have the bootlid flushed, number plate recessed in to the bumper and skirts moulded on to the car "properly" :D

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Jib 21 said:
they had blue peter doing the fitting that day i think :-^

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
always wondered why I found an empty fairy liquid bottle in the glove box...

·
Registered
85 Posts
The fitting is appaling!

No sticky tape will hold them, i have tried......... guess i'll just have to keep bodging them until i can afford the work i want done :aww:

·
LU HG
3,487 Posts
djpacif said:
yeah mine have fallen away from the body 3 times now! I asked my dealer to put them on properly and they were gonna charge me over £100!!!!
They said it was my fault because i had to remove them when the car was repaired.......

Even tho they are fully aware this is a major problem, they are not willing to put it right :evil:

If i still have the car next year it's going in to shaun to have the bootlid flushed, number plate recessed in to the bumper and skirts moulded on to the car "properly" :D
I think my MG dealer said it would cost £300 to have the sideskirts brought, sprayed, and fitted to my car. Will probably get it done by them in the summer, and if they fall off its under warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I fixed mine myself with tape and the brackets and i was constantly checking they wernt unbonding. Eventually they did big time, so i got a local body shop to do them, they charged me £35 for properly bonding them, now they wont budge, take my advice and get them bonded its the best £35 ive spent

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
ive fitted some onto jayjays zed.he got the fitting kit from the mg dealer and all i did was to bond them on using a tube of bond from a bodyshop...(about £4 a tube)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts