MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
If you get the pukka Focus ones.NO!

The mounting is too wide for the hole in the wing. If you get those, you will either need to open the hole in the wing (not advisable as it will break the protective barrier and start rusting), or as some people have done, trim the repeater until it does fit.

Most people got for the stick on type which can be obtained in either notmal filament or LED flavours.

G

·
Identical to mine and to the ones being sold by that other company in the link I posted.

I have never had a problem with them excelt the first ones I fitted had a flaw in one of them that allowed some moisture in and shorted out some of the LED's.

Got another set and fitted them and then have been perfect.

Easy enough to fit, just remove the old square repeaters (push them forward towards the front of the car to disengage the lug and then lift them out). There is not a great deal of slack in the wiring here so cut the old repeater off (or slave the new ones in with some scotch-locks or some such. Once you have got them connected electrically then make sure they work before fixing in place.

Make sure the area where you are going to fix the new repeater is clean and dry and free from any silicon polish. Heat the area up with a hot air gun (or the other half's hair dryer will do). same with the repeater itself. Offer it up and marks its position with a water based marker, peel off the backing and then fix in place using the marks you have just made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts