MG ZR Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'm not having a go, I just don't appreciate people accusing me of doing this, that, or the other when they have never met me of know a single thing about me. Put yourself in my shoe's how would you feel?!

I actually knew the brothers from the mg-rover.org forum for your information :yes:

The main idea of this thread was the poor quality of the product which I wasn't even aware was sold on this website, it sounded familiar so I added my 2pence worth.

Adz

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Well I'm glad everyone is enlighten that was the point of me posting this thread. I'm not saying there a crap idea quite the oppsite. Save your money make them yourself! Thats excaulty want I'm going to do, out of carbon fibre just to be flash!!

I'm an admin on XtremeMGR, and feel strongly about protecting members. If someone is selling something on a owners fourm i trust that everything is fit for use, and I'm not being ripped off. Its cost me £25 but if no-one else on the MGR forums gets ripped off its worth it. He suggested to me I'm a smugg arrogant tw*t, I would say a trusting MGR owner, fighting for the cause! :)

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Ah but I've no skirts, and I imagine when I get them they won't have any end caps.
Get the skirts, and figure out how to attach them using something similar to the rubber cut outs...aint that hard to come up with a way lol. Innovate, problem solve, you may even come up with a better way of doing it.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
Save your money make them yourself! Thats excaulty want I'm going to do, out of carbon fibre just to be flash!!
If you can pull that off and can do them at a cheap price am sure people would be happy to buy them from you, not enough carbon options for the zeds imo

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
The guy was selling rubbish for a premium price, good way to make money in the short term but its quite an ethical question...do i knowingly con and rip off fellow owner club members? One of the main things that gets under my skin is that we are a club and yet he was selling them to us at £25 a pop, but only £10 on ebay? if anything it should have been the other way about. He was very knowingly trying to pull the wool over out eyes. Plus he was doing so while violating the sites non selling/advertising rules while not being signed up as a hobbyist/trader.

I don't know if a ban is the correct way to go, second chances and all, but his reputation has/will suffer as a result and the chances of him successfully selling anything for the close future is probably quite limited.

Saying that though, do we really want a member who has knowingly been conning and ripping us off? Not my decisions to make though im afraid.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I've just took delivery of a pair or these also.

Ordered mine from ebay.. but when things went wrong, was contacting him (evilbane) on here.

Took 2 weeks to arrive. Only came with 2 of 6 fixing bolts. ( Not a biggie i know, but still...)

Both parts were for the same side of the car, e.g. each piece has rough and smooth side... If id put them straight on car, one side would be showing rough, the other smooth.

Lucky enough they can be bent over, but now one side has a score mark showing.

Would not reccomend.

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
Why do we need to keep people like this on the forum? :unsure:

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
I've just took delivery of a pair or these also.

Ordered mine from ebay.. but when things went wrong, was contacting him (evilbane) on here.

Took 2 weeks to arrive. Only came with 2 of 6 fixing bolts. ( Not a biggie i know, but still...)

Both parts were for the same side of the car, e.g. each piece has rough and smooth side... If id put them straight on car, one side would be showing rough, the other smooth.

Lucky enough they can be bent over, but now one side has a score mark showing.

Would not reccomend.
Drop him some neg feedback on i trader.

·
Premium Member
28,417 Posts
If people are not leaving negative iTrader feedback for fear of having it return, don't worry about it as we'll delete any unjustifiable feedback.

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
It's a shame really as he seems to post knowledgeable answers in threads.
+1

sounds like he's just trying to make some easy money, not going the right way about it though :detectiv:

41 - 60 of 166 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.