MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking about buying a playstation 3. Should i!?
Im not really into computer games that much, will play them sometimes though if nothing else to do!
Im not thinking of gettin it purely for the games other wise i would think about getting a xbox aswell.

I bought a nintendo wii last week, love it! But now im thinking abot getting a ps3 mainly because of the blu-ray. I have a 32" LG HD ready TV which i have never seen the HD working. I really want to get it working like it should on HD. I am waiting abit longer for sky HD price to come down abit and for more
channels to be available, plus i have only just in the last 6 months got sky+.

The main idea in getting a ps3 is i can have a ps3 and blu-ray for cheaper than i can get a decent blu-ray dvd player.
What do you reckon? good idea?

·
Premium Member
14,041 Posts
if you want it get it, i agree it is cheaper than buying a blu ray dvd player, plus you got a wicked console to go with it
im hopefully gettin mine 2day, for ps3 gameing, not to bothered about the blu ray

·
Registered
263 Posts
GET IT, CANT BEAT PS3, REALLY IS AN AMAZING MACHIN, SPECIALLY IF YOU GOT A HD TV, GET IT!!!

·
2.0 GT T-bar :D
3,305 Posts
i got mine a month or 2 back now and its great. I havent got a HDTV yet but i hikack the one downstairs often.

It has a few good games on it to... got plenty in the pipeline aswell.
Its nice to chill with it everynow and then.

·
Registered
263 Posts
NO WAY NO WAY...........360'S ARE GOOD BUT PS3 IS THE FUTURE, SO MUCH BETTER, I GOT BOTH AND NEVER EVER PLAY THE 360

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
I have a 360 and love it to bits!!

At the same time I'm a bit of a freak and would also love to have a ps3 so I'm not much use in helping you decide lol

although... if you were to buy a ps3... would you be selling the wii? ;)

·
Interior spraying supremo
3,038 Posts
She kinda stated that the 360 wasnt so much of an option lol...can see this turning into a x360 v PS3 thread..again lol.

Get the PS3, if you as considering spending money on a gadget. As you said it will make use of the features your tv has etc.
Makes sense in everyones head to get a PS3 over a blu ray player really...Having a amazing games console and good quality blu ray player....or just having a blu ray player? PS3 ftw.

But then again, not really worth the money if you are only going to play a blu ray disc once every 2 months or something.

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
SELL THE WII :D

·
Premium Member
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
360 isnt a option as it wouldn't get used and doesn't have blu-ray.

I would use the blu-ray on it quite often, once i built up a collection of blu-ray discs! I watch dvds on my normal dvd player nearly every weekend anyway so the blu-ray would get plenty of use.
As for the games, i would play them but not as much as i would the blu-ray.

Just make sense really to get a ps3 when like you guys have said i can get the blu-ray i want plus the extra bonus of the gaming for cheaper than the blu-ray player.

·
Premium Member
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SELL THE WII :D
hehe the wii is going no-where! Only had it 5 days, i didn't realise how much fun they are! :D

Spend £72 in game on saturday buying a second remote and 2 games for it!

·
2.0 GT T-bar :D
3,305 Posts
If you got the ps3 make sure you get metal gear solid 4. Fantastic.

Honestly tho its worth it, the bluray is excellent

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
:no::hang: that makes no sense, you should 100% sell it to me!! lol ;)

they're quality aren't they?

I've only played the wii about 3 times and I want one extremely badly!! lol
wii boxing ftw!!

what games did you buy?
hehe the wii is going no-where! Only had it 5 days, i didn't realise how much fun they are! :D

Spend £72 in game on saturday buying a second remote and 2 games for it!

·
Premium Member
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:no::hang: that makes no sense, you should 100% sell it to me!! lol ;)

they're quality aren't they?

I've only played the wii about 3 times and I want one extremely badly!! lol
wii boxing ftw!!

what games did you buy?
Yeah, i wasn't sure if i should get one, so glad i did, there excellent. After i bought the second remote was playing 2 player boxing with my brother yesterday! So funny!

Get one from play.com, paid £175 for mine on there.

I bought mario and sonic at the olympic games and resident evil 4. Resident evil is brill.

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
I got a little carried away on the boxing the last time, me and my mate were almost laying into each other by the end of it :rofl: :D

Sounds like you'll be sorted for a good while with those games then!! lol

£175 sounds decent, think i'll give that a look :D

·
Premium Member
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got a little carried away on the boxing the last time, me and my mate were almost laying into each other by the end of it :rofl: :D

Sounds like you'll be sorted for a good while with those games then!! lol

£175 sounds decent, think i'll give that a look :D
They are selling it for £180, my brother found a £5 off voucher online so i got it for £175.
I will probably order a ps3 from play.com aswell and use that voucher.

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
They are selling it for £180, my brother found a £5 off voucher online so i got it for £175.
I will probably order a ps3 from play.com aswell and use that voucher.
haha, have a scout about online for discounts from play.com... I think its money supermarket that usually has discount codes etc you can use for shopping online...?

My mate works in woolies so he got his staff discount when he bought his ps3 lol I think I might get him to buy another one ;) or see if they have wii's in stock :D lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts