MG ZR Forums banner

should i accept offer?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my inusrance company has offered me £8350 for my 53 reg MG ZR+ 105 with only 5500 miles do you think i should accept this or make them pay more? i said its gonna cost them more to buy me a new car

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea its my first offer i called the engineers and they said they probably wont get me any more, is there a chance they will lower the offer if i dont accept?

·
Banned
107 Posts
use the old "thank & bank" method, you say thanks for your offer of £..... however, it will cost me £..... much more.

or ask them to source & buy you a replacement car?!?

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea they said i can either have cash for a brand new ZR but as i can no longer afford the insurance i need to take the cash

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
Is it a 2003 or 2004 '53' reg?

If the car is less than 12months old, remind them of the list price of the car and how much it would cost you to buy another car of the same spec.

They've offered you this much already, they cannot drop it! But make sure you get everything in writing!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its 2003 and its less than a year old well it was when i crashed anwyay its a year old today i think

·
763 Posts
if a counter offer is made the original offer is void! which means it can go either way! "i know these tangs.....".(in a smooth as hell voice)

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
IMO i think if you can get another 500quid then go for it......... £8800 is about rite i think....... but to start off with thats not a bad price.....u can always get it a bit higher.

·
Banned
107 Posts
I know it'll be extra hassle for you BUT can't you ask them to purchase a new car for you then stick it on ebay or something, you're bound to get more £8800 for it surely?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
wouldnt bank on it mate.......theres loads of un-sold zeds on ebay ( ask trev how hard it was to sell his)........wrong time to sell a car near xmas......took me dad ages to sell his car and went for a whole grand less than its worth......

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
not in my opinion mate......dont see many zeds on ebay sell at 9k........ normally around the 6k-7k mark..... i know shit aint it!

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
There's plenty to choose from now, thats half the problem. Being the top selling hot hatch in the UK for 2 years means theres a few out there...

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
Every man and his dog knows the new shape is the same car as the old shape one. The difference in list price is that the £300 extra on the base 105, pays for the fact that the former £300 option of ABS on the old shape.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
they could get away with purchasing a mk1 pre-registered zed or they could get a mk2 but the problem there is no one knows how well the new zed will sell.........only seen one mk2 for sale on ebay and he had a hard time shifting it.....even thou it was only a week old :eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts