MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the time is here when my car is in for her last bit of warrenty work!!

Over the 60, 000 miles now so thought i'd get all the niggly bits done, so shes in for.......

drivers window
drivers seat cushion
passenger seat clips
sunroof
door pocket
cd player surround

But OMG, i've now gotts start paying for stuff!!! :blink2: :blink2: :blink2: :blink2: :blink2: :blink2: :blink2:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
ZRVic said:
my car is always in the garage!!!!
tell me some 1's that aint always in garage, lol, mine been in bout 6 or 7 time already, only got it last new years, 1 year old now. still 2 years warranty :up:

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Mine is a 97 R plate and all that has gone wrong in over 20k is a manifold gasket and it being vandalised. And the zed is supposed to be better built.

·
Registered
605 Posts
My W Plate 25 has never been near a garage, its done 70,000 miles and is still going strong!!!

Think its just the luck of the draw at the end of the day.

Had my ZR a month and its been in 3 times already, but everything is sorted now....... fingers crossed!!!!

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well when u've had as many probs as me mate, u have to find a way!!!

I reckon in the 2 years i've had her shes prob been in 20 times!! some big problems too!! may even have to have a new engine!!

·
Registered
775 Posts
To be honest my car is still under MG but i like to sort the niggly bits out meself any how dont like them messing with me car unless they really have to ;) and most of the silly things can be fixed easy, and in less time than it takes to get it booked in ,

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
^^^^^^^^^ that well bad, new engine.

had mine 1 year 12000 miles, dorrs have been fucked, failed breaks- had to have new master cylinder, now they want to replace all rubbers in breakin system!!! £1000 said its not gonna be covered by warranty!!!

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
My warranty is out in March, and she's got her first MOT next Friday so if there are any issues hopefully the warranty will cover them.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've had my car since June 2003 and it been in 18 times now and I broke down wk before Christmas!
I've written to MG 3 times and can't get compensation. They just don't want to know!

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well she had to stay in last night, new unit going on the window, rebedded the sunroof (after the mechanic said he'd driven for miles without any rattle.....i drive it all the time and it rattles like a bastard!!)

he also told me that my steering wheel is out, something to do with having the tracking don, but not using 5 wheel alignment! :wallb:

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Hope your ok vic, been away for a bit...last time i was on you were getting rid of you ZED is that not the case now??? :wohow:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts