MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does the petrol 160 service work. I notice mine had a service at 5k its on about 10k at mo is due for service? any 1 know what price and what they do for the next service??

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
Petrol services are everyone 15, 000 miles or every year, which ever is sooner!!

Have no idea what they do, apart from usuals like plugs, filters, oil, general checks etc, and i'm also not sure if the 160 price differs to the 105!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sheeeeeeeeeeeet mine is due for service on its yearly one then last serviced dec 2003!!!! :wallb:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Stevee said:
How does the petrol 160 service work. I notice mine had a service at 5k its on about 10k at mo is due for service? any 1 know what price and what they do for the next service??
G.Kingsbury (Hampton) just quoted me £248 inc of parts and VAT for 2nd service, rekon there a bit expensive, heard theres a good dealer Epsom way just can't rem the name

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well the only dealer I know in Epsom is Epsom Motor Group. Funnily enough I'm just trying to sort out the price of a second year diesel service from them - their first quote was way too high (see my thread called "2nd service"). In all other respects they've been a good dealer so far.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
In a standard service is every 12000 miles or annually, whichever is sooner. This will include an oil and oil filter , change, fluids checked, plugs changed along with the distributer cap and hence timing checked; brake pads, disks and tyres checked. That is pretty much all the mechanicals covered. You will have to pay for disks and pads if needbe. Remember the labour on top.

At 24000 the coolent will need to be changed. Every two years the brake flud will need to be changed regardless of mileage. And at 48000 the fuel filter will need changed. At 60000 the cam belt will need changed, which will be the belts and water pump as well and the standard paper air filter will also be changed.

You will also need an MOT every year if the car is over 3 years old. Mine is off for it's tomorrow. A service costs me £55 for the basic, cost me £35 for a manifold gasket. The MOT will be about £60 and anything else will depend on what is needed and how much parts are going to cost. All these include labour BTW. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I have my 160 serviced once a year or every 15k. Mine is due for its 45k service in March but I have only done 36k but the year is up so it needs it. Also they should replace the air con pollen filter at least once a year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts