·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All
Has anyone used

Souls of Milton Keynes
Souls of Onley
Or Clifton-lane in northampton for service and whats your opinion as these are the nearest ones to be
i have read a few little comments i just want to make educated desision on who will take care of my pride and joy when it needs work or service.

Please help any info woudl be great?
Thanks

·
Alergic to the apex
5,308 Posts
Hello All
Has anyone used

Souls of Milton Keynes
Souls of Onley
Or Clifton-lane in northampton for service and whats your opinion as these are the nearest ones to be
i have read a few little comments i just want to make educated desision on who will take care of my pride and joy when it needs work or service.

Please help any info woudl be great?
Thanks
Go for the cheapest, thats what I'm doing :D

To be fair, unless you need the stamp in your log book I'd suggest you do it yourself :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I use Clifton&Lane and not had a problem. One or both worked at longbridge.
Souls of onley are very very expensive.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Go top Souls of Olney and ask for Simon king who is the service manager there. He is a top bloke and always sorts me out and gives me discounts if he can and he wont do what doesnt need doing, i hate going to main dealers as they arer costly but seriously this guy knows his stuff and wont mess you about! they have loan cars too. If you tell him Charles Olney recomended you to him he will surly help you out. :happy2:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi there
spoek to clifton&lane today, my car was made in 2002 so its 6 years old now and has done 31K but because its six years old it needs a year six service, dame this also includes a cam belt change and with such low miles ouch.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Go top Souls of Olney and ask for Simon king who is the service manager there. He is a top bloke and always sorts me out and gives me discounts if he can and he wont do what doesnt need doing, i hate going to main dealers as they arer costly but seriously this guy knows his stuff and wont mess you about! they have loan cars too. If you tell him Charles Olney recomended you to him he will surly help you out. :happy2:
been talking to simon king what a nice chap, i think i will use them, they also will
collect my car and return it for free, even know my car has only done 31K it needs a year 6 service and cam belt change very soon im told, ouch
i did not knwo if it just sits there it still needs doing

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
yeah rubber becomes brital and perished over time, so best to have it replaced

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah im worried now as im driving to brighton this weekend, nothing has given me cause for concern but finding out that the car is 7 years old and the cam shoudl be changed at 4, i just always assumed it woudl be at 70K ish, is there any way i can check it to see if its brittle?

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
it will be fine, dont worry about it, if its been well looked after you have nothing to worry about

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh thats ok then it has beenlooked after there is nothing major wrong with it just all the talk of belts getting brittle over time and the car is 6 years old now so just worried me a little i suppose when i drive it home for 200 miles it was fine then, just being a worrier.
going to book it in as soon as i can though just to be on the safe side.
if it better to replace the water pump at the same time or do water pump when head gasket begins to show signs of wear?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok i have some info what do you think

Souls of Onley say £490 for service (year 6) and cam belt change
Clifton and lane quote £402 for the same work but without pollen filter and fluids changed, not sure if souls change fluids also
i mailed lanes600 but not heard anything yet?
i know my car shoud have had gasket done at 4 years and its been six so quite keen to do it.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hay
my car has just been driven off to go for its 4 year 60 service and a cam belt change on the VVC so no more worrying about cam belts etc i just hope the service does not throw up to much to be fixed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts