MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just had my zed serviced at the dealers (30,000 or 2yr service) for the princely sum off £143 which i think is rather good but what worrys me is i asked them about plugs and airfilter to which he replied " no not on that service sir they arnt changed untill 60,000miles service"....... is it me or does 4yrs /60.000 miles seem a bit too long to not have them changed before.......gonna buy some tomorrow and do them meself just to keep me happy i guess....other probs that i had were dodgy seat cover on drivers seat "on order sir" and boot lid was a right tw#t to shut " adjusted sir" lol........so all in all a good do apart from needin 2 front tyres.....and of course the plug issue....just wondered what u guys thought if u have had ur 2nd yr service what did they do........ cheers....andy

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
spanner385 said:
The air filter and spark plugs should be changed at the 24k service, i think your being done there mate

read again spanners m8 ....30.000 service zr's r done every 15.000 so dunno where u get 24k from........

he had a service schedule sheet in front of him that he looked thru so i just took it as being correct.....cant imagine why they would try to "do me as u put it" after all its more money for them.... :blink2:

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Morph said:
spanner385 said:
The air filter and spark plugs should be changed at the 24k service, i think your being done there mate

read again spanners m8 ....30.000 service zr's r done every 15.000 so dunno where u get 24k from........

he had a service schedule sheet in front of him that he looked thru so i just took it as being correct.....cant imagine why they would try to "do me as u put it" after all its more money for them.... :blink2:
I don't own a zed but with a little bit of inginuity you can find these sort of things out. All the rover/mg cars except the 75 should be serviced at 12k intervals.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cheers zr at least u know the diff between a rover and a zr lol....... quite clearly states in the hand book 15,000 miles.....think u need to reload ur inginuity spanners.........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts