MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Take them from a 220sdi Rover 200 Diesel bubble shape.
A word of warning though, although they do make a difference to performance they loose you some of the fuel ecconomy.
I easily used to get over 50MPG I'm bloody lucky to get 40MPG now.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Take them from a 220sdi Rover 200 Diesel bubble shape.
A word of warning though, although they do make a difference to performance they loose you some of the fuel ecconomy.
I easily used to get over 50MPG I'm bloody lucky to get 40MPG now.

I saw the same thing with the sdi injectors on my car.

·
I'm comin hoommmeee again
1,175 Posts
I will probably be selling a set of nice sdi injectors this week, because of the lost of mpg.
Is it that noticeable ? As someone who never really rags the car anywhere would the way you drive still keep the mpg at a decent level or does it still leave a real dent ?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Is it that noticeable ? As someone who never really rags the car anywhere would the way you drive still keep the mpg at a decent level or does it still leave a real dent ?
I dont rag my car on the road and just on my normal 60 mile a day commute on the motorway, my mpg dropped from 47 to 38. There is some issues of measurements, but from the last three tank fuels I suspect the average loss is minimum of 5 mpg.

However, my car was fairly well tuned with modified injectors and remap. Although the SDI injectors are designed to work with my remap, I had extra fuel added because of a planned FMIC.

Once the FMIC and a re remap, I might be able to claim back some of the MPG, but I doubt it. The reason being, SDI injectors deliver more fuel, but their fuel atomization is not as good as standard or my modified injectors, which both use fuel more efficiently.

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
think you meant diesel car!!!
I was replying to the Twin cam 220 injectors, as the twin cam is a T series 2.0 petrol car/engine.

To be honest, i haven't really noticed much difference in economy, if any.

Depends what state of tune the car is, mine is only mildly modified.

Get a set, and see how it affect you. If it is too much, sell them on.

Cheers
Dave

·
1,175 Posts
Right, the 220 SDI Injectors from the Derv (just making sure that's the correct set lol)

Are they an easy fit ? Anyone please put up a how to with some quick pics please ??

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
Handy tip, try and do it when the engine is warm, the injectors will come out easier then.

If they all come out relatively easy, the it shouldn't take much more than a couple of hours. Make sure you buy new copper sealing washers, otherwise you risk bad running as air will be getting in etc.

Have fun!!

Cheers
Dave

·
1,175 Posts
Handy tip, try and do it when the engine is warm, the injectors will come out easier then.

If they all come out relatively easy, the it shouldn't take much more than a couple of hours. Make sure you buy new copper sealing washers, otherwise you risk bad running as air will be getting in etc.

Have fun!!

Cheers
Dave
Ta mate, much appreciated.

And to confirm, it is 220 SDI petrol injectors ?

·
1,175 Posts
Not sure. Is there a big difference ? Will I notice better power with new or worn in injectors ?

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
Just to let you know THIS FELLA sells new/reconditioned SDi injectors.

I bought mine from him, and the service is great.

Doesn't look like he has any at the moment, give him an email to see if he has anymore sets.

Cheers
Dave

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
With the new ones, you can be sure of no problems with them. Used ones would be much cheaper tho, as the new/recon'd ones are just over the £100 mark.

You pay's your money, and you make your choice!!

Cheers
Dave

·
1,175 Posts
Thanks mate. Desperate for a set.

Do they really make such a difference ? I've read all the posts but they seem very mixed on performance enhancing !

1 - 20 of 27 Posts