MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mate at college got a Scooby WRX, was having a sorta friendly burn up on way to college with him and he said going round the corners and pulling out of the corners on acceleration he couldnt keep up!!! I was shocked

Anyway, as soon as we got a straight stretch of road he had gone :(...

·
Registered
43 Posts
true.... i have a 105 and i dont even bother tryin if one pulls up next to me, but i can wax the vtr/106gti clan no problem

·
Registered
96 Posts
Winyard said:
Mate at college got a Scooby WRX, was having a sorta friendly burn up on way to college with him and he said going round the corners and pulling out of the corners on acceleration he couldnt keep up!!! I was shocked

Anyway, as soon as we got a straight stretch of road he had gone :(...
How the hell can a student afford a WRX??? has he a "rich mummy and daddy"??

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Monkey Magic said:
somehow i think its just because he was a shit driver .... i scooby shud kick a 105's arseeee
i agree, must be a shit driver, its all bout the driver and how much he wants 2 win with corners brakin late ect..

·
989 Posts
just and with the scooby having bigger brakes plus double horsepower I cant believe that a 105 could beat it ...

even if the 105 was redlining every gear and f**kin sliding road corners a scooby shud kick its arse. I reckon it was a amature scooby dirver... cos most people whos had scoobys for a while know what they can do.

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
I think it has a cardboard engine in that his daddy made for him...

and the sp. edt. WRX with extra Gerbils for that little bit more torque!

·
Registered
446 Posts
yeah whats going on with scoobys i mean im from essex every f**ker seems to own one now compared to a few years back!

·
1,443 Posts
240bhp and 4wd......

He doesn't deserve a car like that if he can't outdo a ZR105 through a corner. The guy must be a complete wally.

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
Matt, i know you kinda know your stuff about cars, so ask him if you can see his turbo! if theres no turbo then its prob a 2ltr which is slow as feck (compaired to the real WRX, STi's and P1s). i have munched a non-turbo scooby, he had made it look like a turbo'd one with the bonnet etc.

·
Registered
446 Posts
LOL prob is a fake...or a crap driver!

out of interest someone mentioned a 106gti?...what performance are they?
didnt think a 105 would take one of them...?

·
Registered
446 Posts
kitt said:
true.... i have a 105 and i dont even bother tryin if one pulls up next to me, but i can wax the vtr/106gti clan no problem
What have you donr to your car to 'wax' these?....

the vtr is equal if not faster and the 106gti would blow the zr105 socks off, think you have been 'waxing' replicas.... :blink2: :mrgreen:

·
Loadsamoney! So shut it!!!
4,103 Posts
could be a prezza sport with spoiler! slow as. or a plain WRX with out the extras (the new ones dont even have a huge wing) they are not too hot

but a 105 would be a blip in the mirror with most faster cars!!

i took a PPP out when choosin my last car....oh the fun that was!

the new 2005 scooby is meant to be amazing!

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
0-60 in 7.6

thats 160 league.

·
Registered
32 Posts
my dads got a scooby sti and i raced him at knockhill with my 105 and ud be surprised at the result. on the straights he was off like michael jackson wi a 5 year old but in the corners he couldnt shake me and he used to be a professional rally driver. fair enough hes gettin on abit but u would think it would waste me. cant wait till my xr2i track car is finished. wee fiesta with 190 brake. hehe

1 - 20 of 52 Posts