MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi My parents are looking to get a sat nav for their car. I don't have a clue about sat navs and whats involved. There appears to be so many different ones available, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. The ones I keep hearing about are Tom Tom and Garmin. ANy particular ones that you recommend?

My parents have a budget of around £150. Can you get a decent one within this price range? Basically want one that is accurate for routes etc, that perhaps can be updated due to any road works or new routes etc, If possible camera detector as well and is there anything else that I should be looking out for? Much appreciated, Rav

·
Registered
10,726 Posts
For me personally, Tom Tom > Garmin.

Both are good brands but the tom tom is ahead imo.

Think the tom tom is the most accurate sat nav going. Could be wrong.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
price range the tomtom one is perfect..... TomTom ONE (thats its name incase u think am on about any tomtom lol)

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
thats the one bevan lol

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
tomtom is the best cant get better and your price range that is the best u will get and maps dont need updating very oftern

it is cheaper in shops than on the tomtom site ie argos

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What sort of things can go wrong with tomtom at all? Are they prone to any sort of faults at all? Thanks. PS do you get updates for camera etc as well?

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
camera updats are free online just google it and tomtom are the best mate you cant get better. i have a navman and i bet my life that thing kills me its ****e.

go tomtom

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
TomTom One Europe review

Reviews TomTom is going back to basics with its One sat-nav system -- it does navigation, and that's about it. It features a super sleek design and comes with an SD card preloaded with maps of Western Europe. If you're looking for your first in-car GPS device or a no-frills sat-nav system, the TomTom One Europe fits the bill

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
only diffrence is the maps do u plan on going traveling europe if not just get the basic uk pack all depends on what u will be doing. software is all the same just more or less maps

1 - 20 of 26 Posts