MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone any ideas sally dies on me, i could be stopped or going along theres just no power, i put my foot on the pedal and theres nothing there apart from me having one, but starts straight away again with the key any help would be great as long as its not too technical

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does the engine actually cut?? or is there just a loss of power. Sounds like fuelling to me. As when you open the throttle the AFR leaning out and causing it to stall.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The engine cuts out, but re-starts with the key straight away, when the engine cuts out the wipers stop too it can stop while im in a queue or doing about 70 mph and im too busy stressing to look to see what else is working sorry is that any help????

·
Registered
13 Posts
poetic-angel said:
The engine cuts out, but re-starts with the key straight away, when the engine cuts out the wipers stop too it can stop while im in a queue or doing about 70 mph and im too busy stressing to look to see what else is working sorry is that any help????
:eek:
From your initial description I assumed it was doing it when stationary in traffic etc... Your wipers stopping kinda suggest its an electrical fault maybe an earth difficult to diagnose a car online iam afraid. How new is the car?? If its still under any type of warranty I'd take it back to the dealer and demand they sort it as this is a potentially dangerous fault. I know last time they couldnt find it but try and specify a mechanic to drive the car until the fault materialises. Even if it takes a couple of days.

HTH

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The car is 18 months old but iv had it just over a year and the warranty ran out last month, i sort of got it second hand but not, the person who ordered it with all the toys died.
Thanks for your help subcat.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
jane ,This sounds like a "Immobiliser fault " it's the only thing that will "Kill" everything.....Errr hang on though ....the other thing that would do nit is an "Ignition barrel" fault.....As everything "Goes" through your ignition key what your describing is like "Turning off" your ignition key .........then you obviously have to "Turn off" to turn on again & it temp cures the fault

Whizz it to an auto Electrician get him to check the connections on the barrel .......

keith

1 - 20 of 32 Posts