MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriends a manager in a retail park.
Tonight she kicks a coupla teenagers out of the store for f*nnying around, when she goes out to the Zed she finds the pasenger side wing mirror hanging off.
It coud've been them, but who knows (although it was defo intentional cos it's always parked tight up against the edge of the carpark on the passenger side, so there's no way something could've hit it)

It's a 105+ so it's electric mirrors, all that gubbins still seems to be working, they still move around and the heating part of it still works. It's currently only hanging on by the wires, but I haven't seen it yet to get a look at the damage.

Anyone able to take a guess at the extent of the damage here?

Trying to work out if this is something that could be fixed by a trip to the scrappie or if it's a trip to the dealer.

(I'll make sure she takes the KY with her if it's a trip to the dealers, at least it'll hurt less)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It defo won't go back on cos she's said there's some broken bits, but all the major bits seem to be fine.

From what I can tell anyway, I haven't seen it and she hasn't really had to much of a poke around cos it was after dark it happened.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spoke to her again and it seems that the tear drop is intact and the platform / bracket that it sits on seems also to be intact.

I can't really work out what's broke cos I'm not familiar with the construction of them. But something's defo fucked.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so the result is that the pivot is broken, apparently the worst bit, meaning a whole new unit is needed.

£105 cos someone decided to be a cunt.

:-(

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I did suggest that cos I'd imagine it's prolly just the same unit regardless whether it's electric or not and I'll bet the 25 has the same mirrors on it.

Ah well, women eh?

·
989 Posts
or even better ... see if the company has any camera to get the faces of the little edit then next time you see them head lock the edit... drag them inside ya car take them somewere out of the way and then try your luck at kicking there face off saying as they aint got any wing mirrors.

edit rights thats what i wud do, i edit torture people who think its funny to edit with ya car. you aint paid all that money for sum little edit to edit with ya car man, takeit out on there face.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts