MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Any suggestions on a Rolling Road venue near to myself in Peterborough, that anyone knows of or recommends !

Would like to get my car on there after saturday as i'm sure it will be close on 190BHP !

cheers guys

·
Registered
188 Posts
If you don't mind travelling a bit you should go to Thor Racing in Warwick, near Birmingham.

Often mentioned as the most accurate dyno around, they won't guess your flywheel figure for you though.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
prob same as mitchy's zed when he had 190 :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Full Janspeed Exhaust system - manifold etc !

full ecu remap and taipan 2 induction kit !

all going on the car this saturday !!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you had yours chipped Andy or remapped ?>

Or is this the same thing ?? as i was told a full remap is better than a chip >

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Don't forget with an ECU remap you run the risk of the dealer re setting it when in for service. With a chip you get you old ECU so that you can plug it back in. Good luck anyway m8 im sure you will see around 180 - 190 :up:

·
Registered
775 Posts
i use a uni chip it can be remaped every time you add a mod car is running,

K/N 57i induction,
Magnex rear box , sports cat
split fire plugs
uni chip
gas flowed head,
only runs 97 octain fuel

cams to follow in the next two weeks (soon as the guys sort me out with the right set up) and nitrous is at the docks so im told

and three runs on the rollers in the last month, and im running the higher side of 190, and ive thrown £2.5k at it so far (just engine mods) head work made the most differance it seam to make the other mods come together, i find it hard to see why so many on here think these higher bhp's are reachable,car was great when i got it its even better now and getting better all the while, guys a the garage recon 200+bhp with the cams but by then the engine will have set me back £3.8k and thats with no bottom end work, if i can get the cams in for the new year i would love to do the rollers with you lot should be fun

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This sounds absolutely spot on **** !!

Top Car buddy !

How much this uni chip set ya back ??

and does it make sh1t loads of difference ???

·
Registered
775 Posts
Uni chip came in at around £480 and it got the car to 184bhp with the filter,plugs, 97 fuel and system alone , to be fair the head work seam to bring the lot to gether , this was completed last week, and as i say the chip can be reset again after the mods, only thing is the car was off the road three days while the guys got the head done ,i have another car so not to bad, there is a strong possiblity of a fuel starvation problem when the cams are fitted and the cars breaks 200bhp but we wont know till they are installed,so i'll have to wait on that and im keen to get a manifold fitted the next time the heads off to (and my wifes giving me some big shit about messing with the new car), nitrous was supposed to be here friday but didn't get here , thats comming with 25/50/75 jets so i will go for the 25 first just for a small kick ,

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Z00M said:
i use a uni chip it can be remaped every time you add a mod car is running,

K/N 57i induction,
Magnex rear box , sports cat
split fire plugs
uni chip
gas flowed head,
only runs 97 octain fuel

cams to follow in the next two weeks (soon as the guys sort me out with the right set up) and nitrous is at the docks so im told

and three runs on the rollers in the last month, and im running the higher side of 190, and ive thrown £2.5k at it so far (just engine mods) head work made the most differance it seam to make the other mods come together, i find it hard to see why so many on here think these higher bhp's are reachable,car was great when i got it its even better now and getting better all the while, guys a the garage recon 200+bhp with the cams but by then the engine will have set me back £3.8k and thats with no bottom end work, if i can get the cams in for the new year i would love to do the rollers with you lot should be fun

£3.8k think fer that region of money you can get the xpower engine, not shure on prices but think they hae forgd piston etc,which would tak the high bhp, janspeed once had a 1.4 k-series turbo @ 300Bhp , but didnt last long :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts