MG ZR Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to pop down to Powerzone Motorsports and put the zed on the rolling road there today! Gotta say im pretty chuffed with the results!

ZR 105

Power Output : 125.5 BHP
Wheel Output: 87 BHP
Torque: 101 lbf-ft
Max Speed: 120mph and still rising when he decided to break
Max Power @: 6540 RPM

Performance Mods:

Cat Back Powerflow Exhaust
Apiro Enclosed Induction Kit
ECU Remap

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Not to cast doubts on the figures, but the gearbox loses seem to be huge, should only be in the 18-20% mark for the R65 box.

Wheel figures are the ones to go by anyhow, not a bad output though.

Steve

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
muldersZR said:
mustang351 said:
last time I went there was bout 10 yrs ago...btw what were your janspeed rr figures?...
67bhp at the wheels
i got 80bhp at the wheels :p

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
The speed is irrelavant to be honest, as it would have been the rr speed and i dobut this is ever calibrated for the rolling radius of the invidual car. This could be wildly out TBH.

The engine power figures are out though, as with 87 bhp at the wheels this works out at about 110 bhp at the fly, given a 20% loss in the drivetrain.

The simple answer would be for rr not to give an estimated fly figure, as most seem to be out by quite a bit.

Steve

G

·
It is impossible to get an accurate flywheel figure on a rolling road. Even with the overun systems and electronic systems, they all use a certain amount of algorithmic calculation which will induce errors. the only true BHP of the engine, is to take it out and put it on a dynomometer test bed.

As Steve rightly points out, the only true and important figure is that at the wheels

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
nice and loud mate, especially stood outside the car going past 100. and deffinatley made it quicker when i got it on

·
1,443 Posts
Perhaps i should have been more subtle in my approach so i apologise for my little outbursts.

Mulders can i suggest that something is not right as to get accurate rolling road results a run in 4th gear needs to happen for a 1:1 direct ratio.

Any other gear and the results will be way out.

From your scanned picture, it is clear to see the run was not done in 4th gear as 120mph would never have been reached.

This is the reason why the results are innacurate.

Its also beyond me why a trained operator would do a run in top gear.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.