MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to get this off my chest as it has been bugging me all day!

Driving to work on my usual route today and hit the junction that takes me onto a national speed limit duel cw. There are 2 filter lanes that take you up onto the slip road and I was in the outside one and decided to floor it :grin: Had a guy in an Audi A4 1.8T next to me and he couldn't keep up so I pulled onto the the main cw and had a little laugh to myself. I don't think he liked the fact I out did him on the slip road and continued to close up behind me and ride my bumper with under half a metre distance between us!! I couldn't believe it, I hadn't done anything wrong just beaten him up the slip road... Anyway he started weaving around behind me and then undertook me giving me the finger and pulled straight out in front of me causing me to slam on the brakes, I swear he was trying to push me off the road at one stage.... Just can't believe some of the nutters that are out there, I was tempted to pull over and have it out with him but thought twice about that after seeing some of those Road rage horror storys.

Anyone else had something like this happen?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Its only cus he's got a slow pile of piss Neil !!!

Same again tomorrow bud, do that fcuker on the inside with double V sign !! but do it at 100mph !!

then he will be crying properly !!

yeah there's loads of tw4ts out there who think they are the dogs dangles in there new cars but most are heavy and slow so they get upset when a young lad does them quite easily !!

all the best Neil and dont worry too much !!

·
Banned
107 Posts
I hate people like that, they think just because you go faster than them that you are racing.

He's probably the sort of bloke who gives it large while in his car but as soon as he steps out of it would say nothing at all!

·
Registered
14,935 Posts
Im always having road rage....LOL :up: Well i drive normal then MEN cant take it and start to wana burn me up...

But TBH ive had loads of road rage, and thats why i carry my bat and metal kosh with me....so many nutters out there :x:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
IMO you did the best thing by not reacting to him [email protected] You never know who or what you are dealing with mate.

He could have beeen a local drug baron, a headcase, stolen car, drunk or high on drugs.

Last thing you need is a lunatic maybe driving into you on purpose or attacking you with a weapon, just 'cos they've lost their cool and flickin' V's at em and mouthing wanker just ratchets the situation up to the next level.

I saw an incident on the M1S a couple of months ago. I was following a small hatchback in lane 3. A truck pulled into lane 2 with little warning and forced the car that was in that lane over into lane 3.

It wasn't a problem for me, I had seen what was going to happen and had plenty of gap between me and the car in front, but the hatchback in front of me obviously wasn't paying enough attention and had to brake to accomodate the other car being pushed into lane 3.

I could see this guy waving and literally jumping up and down in the hatchback cos he had been slowed down.

He ran within a foot of the car in front's bumper until it moved back over.

Then he swerved over at it a few times and produced a baseball bat from somewhere and was waving that out of the window....... The fuckin idiot was all over the motorway.

I backed off even more from him and after about two minutes he had calmed down a bit and zoomed off at about 90 into the distance. I caught him up again about ten miles down the motorway. A big black guy he was.

The dick could have very easily caused a major pile-up.

BTW the driver of the car forced over was a middle aged woman..... How brave was the hatchback driver ?

Ya never know what they are like, leave 'em be is the best policy. :shock:

·
Big Slicks agony uncle
1,885 Posts
We have a road out of town which is a basic 40mph that is dual carraigeway for quite a bit of it. At one point the two lanes becomes just one and I can guarantee that some shit head who is behind me while I`m doing 40 in the inside lane will overtake me just after its become one lane forcing me into the verge. The worst one the other day was a Suzuki van that was actually behind me as the middle line disappeared but still managed to get beyond me. I'm gonna change my policy. Instead of sticking to the speed limit like a good little boy, I`m gonna put me foot down to keep the bleeders behind me. Its the only way I can think of to make sure I stop me car from being smacked, or even worse, get myself killed.

Ewan.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seeing these reminded me of an incident myself and my brother were in a few months back :up: I was driving back from our local multi screen cinema after a late performance, was about 1 am no one on the roads. Driving down the motorway and approached a junction to allow cars on, I was in the outside lane, no one else on the road and I clocked a guy coming off of the slip road merging into the inside lane. No problem you would think, wrong! this guy wanted to pull straight into the fast lane... No reason at all but of course I was there so he couldnt :x: He got on my rear bumper for the next 2 miles and followed me off at my junction. At this stage I could see only one small guy in the car so said to my Bro im stopping, lets get out and see what his problem is. Bear in mind we have both practiced Tae Kwon do for 8 years and not small people :twisted: We both got out and walked towards this guys car! He shit a brick :wohow: Slammed the car into reverse and hand brake turned to drive off in the other direction!! Any time I get people like this I just think of this and it makes me laugh ;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
he wont be following you anymore then! :)

my mum and dad had a bit of an accident earlier this year with some tosser!

they was coming up to to a set of traffic lights and was in the righthand lane when this guy started pulling out from the left lane into thier lane without even indicating, but my dad was going to fast to let him in so just carried on!! as he went on for the next half a mile or so, this guy in an old mondeo estate was right up thier arse going mad! :censored: my dad then pulled into the lefthand lane when it was clear and this tosser came beside them goin crazy still even when my dad wasnt reacting! then he just went and slammed his shitheap into my mums merc scratching and denting all down the side and sped off!

so my dad followed him for a bit, obviously pretty shocked, untill he thought this guy could have a gun or ought so just went to the police! :lcop: who in turn....have done absolutley nothing until now!

you reli dont know what crazy ppl are out there! :?

·
Registered
82 Posts
[email protected] some others have said it's probably 'cos you were driving a faster car than he was. My wife runs an Audi 1.8T and I run a 160. Though the 1.8T sounds healthy (150bhp) is designed for low boost at low rpm...so you get a bit of torque and a little shove around town (max torque from just 1750rpm). But when you reach 3,000 rpm the thing goes fairly gutless...quite the reverse to the 160, where all hell breaks loose! So he's suffering frustration.

Yeh, also agree with others about taking it easy. Know what it's like though when the red mist comes down - my wife says it's a male thing?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mr2nut said:
[email protected] some others have said it's probably 'cos you were driving a faster car than he was. My wife runs an Audi 1.8T and I run a 160. Though the 1.8T sounds healthy (150bhp) is designed for low boost at low rpm...so you get a bit of torque and a little shove around town (max torque from just 1750rpm). But when you reach 3,000 rpm the thing goes fairly gutless...quite the reverse to the 160, where all hell breaks loose! So he's suffering frustration.

Yeh, also agree with others about taking it easy. Know what it's like though when the red mist comes down - my wife says it's a male thing?
Very true, my m8 who has a 1.8T says he gets pissed off as I tend to beat him in most cases. Its a nice car but as you say a little heavy and suffers from slight turbo lag. Interesting thing is my other m8 has an Ibiza Cupra which is 156bhp I believe and we are pretty evenly matched, same engine as the Audo but must be a lighter car :mrgreen:

·
Registered
19 Posts
PEople can be fools i get fools driving up my arse but im not a nervouse driver they can stay there all day as far as im concerned i try to stick to the speed limit im not one for racing just want to cruse happy and people do want to race me but i try not to. I burn them off at the lights then stay at 30 or whatever the limit is. You are right tho the car looks sport so people think kn**head and want to be all arsy and race, i get cut up all the time its a nitemare but i just think quietly to myself fools. Luckily no ones ever followed me home, one cut me up once came to a stop and got out but i was like fool and i raced off in a hurry and i hadnt even done out other than overtake the guy. ITs a weird world.

·
763 Posts
i was in my mates car and there were 5 of us, we beated some bloke for cutting us up and he followed us home. he wanted a piece of all 5 of us! mentalist, needless to say he tried to get into my house after we walked in and all hell broke loose!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts