MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rite heres the deal.... my mates selling a brand new road angel 2 .... :wohow:

i have the cash to buy it but im not sure what to do, it has no box or receipt so I cant prove that its not stolen... he says its not but I wouldent say hes the sort of person you can trust..... but if i buy it and it is actually stolen what will hapen ? will it work and will i be able to subscribe or will police be on my case strait away ??

do they work if you arnt subscribed ??

or should i just leave this alone and tell me mate to fuck off.

cheers

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
mate the serial number is the key , i got one last week from a member second hand and all details need to be sent to road angel peeps to enable you to get updates etc so if its stolen they will know when its activated you need a receipt or proof of owner if not leave it well alone

·
Registered
14,935 Posts
TBH i havent got a clue but ive got one...

I wouldnt buy it tho....specially if it has no box or receipt...

Definatly wouldnt take it :lcop:

·
Registered
200 Posts
ring the peeps at black spot and quote the serial nimber off the rear of the unti to them and ask if they can verufy the owners address with your mates... explain to them why your wanting to do this and they should be able to help you out. being unsubscribed is pointless really cos u will never be able to update unit with new camera locations etc so really u need to do it.....if it is nicked the good thing here is bl;ackspot can actually render it useless lol so any scroat who was to nick it will end up with it not working anyway..... best to ring blackspot and ask m8 then ur not wasting ur hard earned....

·
Registered
81 Posts
i have just bought one off ebay i had to email blackspot to re regester it. try it before u buy if its not regestered it will tell u it needs regestering and if its been reported stolen it wont work so try it and make sure it works first if it works its probably not stolen and will be regestered :up:

·
1,443 Posts
Try ebay for cheap prices

Most online places and halfords want £380-£400.

Ebay you can pick them up for £300 new. £200-£250 used.

·
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well thats what i was trying to find out if it is stolen I cant get it working can I ...

and I managed to nock the price down to 50 quid .... he he from 150

·
1,443 Posts
Definitely stolen, i just looked at where you lived ;) and the price is too cheap. :blink2:
He'd get more than double that if he put it on ebay, so why let it go so cheaply?

Surely you would know as a mate if he had it in his car, does he even drive?? Does he have reciepts or proof of purchase?? Is he a scallywag/chav/car thief type of guy?

Stay clear matey, there's no point in buying a stolen unit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts