MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well,been on rollers 2day and got 129.5BPH,up from 122BHP so thats a 7.5BHP gain from the chip/ecu remap.not 2 bad.also i now get 350+miles 2 a tank,and thats on shell optimax.all in all im quiet happy with the result.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
z0mv1 said:
well,been on roolers 2day and got 129.5BPH,up from 122BHP so thats a 7.5BHP gain from the chip/ecu remap.not 2 bad.also i now get 350+miles 2 a tank,and thats on shell optimax.all in all im quiet happy with the result.
oo 130 bhp well done mate :D =D>

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
flywheel droog,same as allways.i paid 350 yeah.like i said,it's not just give me abit of power,fuel economy has gone up,it drives alot better lower down the rev range.so likei said,a good buy.im gettin around 50-60 miles more 2 a tank.so it'll a paid fer itself in a few months time.....also if it was done 2 a stock 105 u would c 10bhp+

1 thing that has puzzled me though....my torque hasnt gone up from 98 ft-lb the last 3 runs ive done.it's allways read at 98 ft-lb........the torque bar on the graph is allways different,it now comes in much smoother n even....if u get what i mean......pitty i aint got a scanner then i could post um up....

·
Registered
556 Posts
Robmaster said:
thats not alot more bhp!
why just 7bhp? with other chip you can have 15bhp more!!!!
Actually about 7bhp is right. Those claiming more live in dreamlands.

Should be quite a nice change in driveability you are seeing now.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Robmaster said:
chiptuninguk told me that they have tested on the rolling road a chip for the ZR 160 and thats brings 15bhp!
Very Very different to chipping a 105bhp 1.4 though.

And they probably are taking a stock car against one with the exhaust and induction kit as well.

I know of two ZR160's done by them and both got 8bhp against stock filters and exhausts.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
stu's right,u might c 10-15bhp on a stock engine.but with what ive done 7.5bhp is a good gain.my car is now 129.5bhp.thats maxed out now without spendin serious cash on cam work and head work 2 probs get it up2 around the 140-145bhp mark.but i think thats enough 4 me.......

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Robmaster said:
why they told me that the chip give me 15bhp when this isnt true??
i guess they "estimated it" as all engines are diff, prob max you would see. but 15bhp is pretty big for an allready modded car.

·
Registered
556 Posts
To sell them to those that don't know better and are never likely to put it on a rolling road to prove them wrong.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Stu said:
To sell them to those that don't know better and are never likely to put it on a rolling road to prove them wrong.
they could achieve an increace of 15bhp. just add about 50kg on the bonnet on the first one :D

·
Registered
457 Posts
does chipping the car f**k the warrerty from mg ?

i wanna get mine chipped and a new viper air filler fitted, but if i take it back to MG if something goes wrong, can they tell me it is not covered??

Thanks

Rob

1 - 20 of 21 Posts