MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having a go at spraying my pillar trim black this afternoon in my garage, got some gray primer, matt black and satin lacquer.

I have removed the from bits of trim easily enough, they just clip on, but the rear parts of the trim is hard to remove, I have removed the plastic seat belt cover things and taken out the bolts but i cant seem to remove the trim and it feels as though something is wanting to snap.

Any advice from anyone who has removed it would be appreciated thanks :)

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Removed mine 2 days ago (Spraying Gloss Black to go against my yellow roof) but anyhooo..

As you said, screw at bottom of pillar (behind seatbelt) then it just pulls off all the way down into the boot. Then in the boot unscrew the shelf thing with the speaker in. Behind it is one more screw. (Rover 25, should be same... maybe not.. have a look)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers mate, i saw this screw behind the seat belt but found it difficult to get to, could only just get a screwdriver in at it but turning it didnt seem to do much? started chewing the plastic screw up too so i stopped

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
cheers mate, i saw this screw behind the seat belt but found it difficult to get to, could only just get a screwdriver in at it but turning it didnt seem to do much? started chewing the plastic screw up too so i stopped
Same happened here on one side, they are quite pathetic really lol, just get a screw driver behind it (behind the entire trim and place it close to behind the screw and apply pressure to pop it all out (Then fix the threading problem when its out etc)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same happened here on one side, they are quite pathetic really lol, just get a screw driver behind it (behind the entire trim and place it close to behind the screw and apply pressure to pop it all out (Then fix the threading problem when its out etc)
that was my plan lol just wanted to make sure before i did it, off to have a go now thanks mate :)

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
No worries =) Good luck :D Dont be scared to get a little rough with them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts